Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Clean and Simple

I found a new shopping site recently (got some really lovely 6" paper pads and fantastic service!) and with it a new challenge site, too: Claudia & Company.  Their challenge #80 is Clean and Simple.  We all know that this is a real challenge for me, as I love to layer on as much as I can fit on a card lately, but this style is one I need to learn to do, so here is my entry:


I knew I wanted to do something with lots of clean space and my eyes lit on my silhouette stamps.  You know me, I had to get a little bit of pattern in there, so I chose my favorite music paper, which is a creamy tone and black.   There was my palette, and I even had a sentiment that went with it.  

supplies: cream and black cardstock, The Paper Studio "Textured Cream Sheet Music", versafine onyx black ink and clear embossing powder, Hero Arts CG271 Large Blossom, CL342 Everyday Sayings 

11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

VERY beautifully done! Clean and simple it is!! You are a natural, Lin :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

You did a beautiful job in this CAS card, love the classic beauty of black and white!

Arlene said...

Terrific card. I love the music background you've stamped over. Lovely.

Dawn T said...

this one is awesome Lin. I think you did a great job with a CAS card... beautifully done.

Dotty Jo said...

Very stylish Lin, I love it! Jo x

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Lin, I love how pretty and elegant this card look. Simply gorgeous!

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous CAS card Lin. Love everything about it. Pls. chk here:
http://hobbyandideas.blogspot.com/2011/04/first-blog-award.html

susanne said...

This is so beautiful Lin! I love the black and white, it's so elegant!

Suzanne C said...

Elegant! Love the flower stamp over the music notes and that you left a little bit of a frame of music.

Beate said...

I love this. Absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE the sweet simplicity of this over-stamped, monochromatic look! FANTASTIC!