Saturday, December 5, 2009

Yellow Roses



It seems so funny to be showing roses in December, but this card is to enter the Flourishes Floral Finesse challenge. I have so many favorite flowers: lilacs, lilies of the valley, forget-me-nots, daisies. But yellow roses have a special place in my heart; they always remind me of my Grandfather's Peace Roses, and they were in my bridal bouquet.

This card is much simpler than my last entry. I simply stamped Hero's Garden Roses on glossy photo paper, watercolored them with markers, framed with lavendar card stock and again with a cuttlebug-embossed Textile pattern on yellow cardstock, then mounted the whole thing on a white notecard.

5 comments:

Alice said...

this is so pretty, Lin!! Glad to see you got your blinky working!!!

Virginia L. said...

How did you do the blinkie!!? Wow!I haven't got mine to work ... Love the sunny yellow bouquet! Awesome entry! Looks like a winner to me!

Sue McRae said...

The yellow is so pretty and the embossed background adds elegance to the card!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Lin, love to see flowers all year round!! Especially during the busy holiday season, it's definitely nice to mix it up a bit and not see all xmas cards sometimes, I love the way you stamp on photo paper, I remember it well from the card you sent me, beautiful technique!

Suzanne C said...

Oh.. I do love roses and you certainly have made a gorgeous display on your card.