Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blossoms

Going through my paper stash, I was inpsired by this beautiful stripe by Frances Meyer called Maison de Campagne. For this first card, I pulled the 3 main colors from it and used other printed papers to paper-piece the small blossom from this cling set by Hero Arts.
Supplies: CG148 Blossoms, CL371 Essential Messages, white cardstock, various printed papers, Versafine onyx black

And for this one, I chose the widest stripe and used the larger of the blossoms. I also distressed the edges of the flowers and leaves to make them stand out a bit more, raised the orange centers with pop dots, and added a black gem to the centers.
Supplies: CG148 Blossoms, AR137 Script Messages, white cardstock, various printed papers, Versafine onyx black, Mustard Seed, Faded Jeans, and Peeled Paint distress inks, black gems

11 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Lin! Absolutely delightful, this is like a double ray of sunshine for me!! Loving that paper and so glad you found it too...I can see you working in several more variations with it!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Hi Lin, thank you for stopping by my blog. Really appreciate you doing the happy dance with me. LOL. Your card is so cheerful and will definitely brighten anyone's day!

CinnamonSally said...

Lin you certainly rock when it comes to flower cards, these are stunning, great colours and great design. Thanks for peeking at my blog and leaving such lovely comments. (By the way the images on my cards were papermania.)

Alice said...

very pretty colors and love how you used those pps in both cards, Lin!! beautiful cards!

Virginia L. said...

Both are gorgeous and the pattern paper are so vibrant and colorful! You truly are the Queen of Flowers!

Jill said...

Lin- these are just SOOOO happy! I love the bright colors- you are so inspiring me with all of your floral cars! I agree you are the QUEEN of FLOWERS, girl!!

Nancy said...

Wow, so French Country inspired...love the red, blue and yellow! Really gorgeous design, so eye-catching!
This is the place for beautiful floral inspiration!! Thanks, Lin!

Dawn T said...

What wonderful PP. No wonder it inspired you to make these two amazing cards Lin. So bright and cheery

Agata said...

Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous! I love those rich and bright colors! And the design is beautiful!

Barbara said...

Oh Lin, these are beautiful !!!! I love the flowers and the papers that you used are so pretty!

Suzanne C said...

what perfect combinations of papers and matching flowers. Lovely designs and cards!