Friday, August 27, 2010

Paper-pieced pumpkins


The challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp is paper-piecing.  These pumpkins are perfect for doing just that!  I pieced my background with 2 dotty papers, then stamped the pumpkins on top to use as my base for piecing them.  Then I stamped each of them 6 or 7 times, cutting out individual slices to piece together over my base.  After I'd added the sentiment, they looked lonely, so I stamped and cut out some maple leaves to keep them company. 

Supplies: scraps of various printed papers, Hero Arts G5269 Tall Pumpkin, F5270 Traditional Pumpkin, CL119 Happy Thanksgiving (leaf), The Paper Company Autumn Stamp Kit (sentiment)

11 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is wonderful, they are the most festive pumpkins I've seen in a while! Did you get the cute Thanksgiving set from the x-mas release, I think you'd do wonders with that set!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Lin...that is a super cute card!! I like all the fall stuff you have been putting on your blog!!

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW!!!! This is really cute!!! You did a great job with all the little slices...lots of work, but SO worth it!!! GREAT JOB!!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp!
Chris

Hannah said...

Lin you're so fashionable ahead of season! love your blog's new look, and this card is just so festive! pumpkins are my hands down fave. love!

donna mikasa said...

Love your paper pieced pumpkins! So cute, Lin! Great idea to add the leaves--perfect and not so lonely!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Oh my goodness! LOVE your pieced pumpkin!

Suzanne C said...

Love the pieced pumpkins. Perfect paper for the pumpkins. Beautiful!

Alice said...

beautiful fall colors, Lin! love the pieced pumpkins!!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this and All the polka dots...just Perfect with the Blue behind it too!!
hugs....

Anne said...

Oh Geeze Lin you are really getting me going here with the pumkins- LOVE your paper piecing and design here- I want fall to be here right now!

Martine said...

such a fab card, i love the rich colours and your paper piecing is fab :), thanks so much for joining in with this weeks Simon Says Challenge :)

xx
martine