Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Luck o' the Irish

Challenge #52 this week at the Shabby Tea Room is to design a card using green.  Here is the photo inspiration:


And here is my card:


supplies: Hero Hues PS622 Foliage Layering Papers, Amuse green gingham design paper from Robin,  CG176 Butterfly Field, CL267 Card Messages, AF182 Hero Hues Grass chalk ink, gingham ribbon, green flower button, green gems for butterflies, Martha Stewart butterfly punch

I decided to break out my Hero Hues layering papers in the Foliage colors, and I also used the Hues Grass Chalk ink for my stamping.  I chose the lightest green paper from the package and stamped the Butterfly Field silhouette stamp on it, then trimmed it to fit the cardbase made from the medium tone paper.  I thought this sentiment was perfect for the Irish-feel I was trying to achieve.  I masked most of the stamp for the front of the card and then stamped the rest of the sentiment inside:


To finish, I added a skinny green gingham ribbon and a green flower button and punched some tiny green gingham butterflies.

14 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful Lin! Love the green and the sentiment is perfect!

Tracey said...

Such a PERFECT green card Lin!!!

susanne said...

I love this sweet card Lin! I love the sentiment, especially for St Patrick's day! Just perfect!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Michelle said...

So pretty Lin!!! Love the sentiment!!

Virginia L. said...

Love this monochromactic card, Lin!! Gorgeous details and that button is perfect!!!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Lin. I don't do many fully green cards but this is so pretty

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful card, Lin! I really love how you created the sentiment, too!

Isha Gupta said...

This is so pretty Lin. Loved the green and the soothing effect of this card.

walchowDesign said...

Love this card, Lin! Love the combination of the gingham ribbon and butterfly together on this field! I've this stamp as well but always find it difficult to make a nice card but now you've given me more inspirations!

Alice said...

so pretty and peaceful! lovely card, LIn!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW, Lin!! You are blowing me away! I loooooove this monochromatic card! And it's green--double points:) LOVE your style--you are so detailed! FAB JOB:)

Deborah Saaranen said...

Very fresh and pretty! I love the gingham touches here!

Anonymous said...

Your monochrome card is really beautiful Lin. Green is such a soothing colour - great challenge ;)
Thanks for the inspiration, hugs, Ruth S