Saturday, May 28, 2011

Text Color Trends Challenge

Embellish Magazine has an interesting challenge this time, to incorporate text into our creation and use the colors in the color board below, greys, black and white.  Hero Arts is sponsoring this challenge!


Recently the Graphics Fairy shared a digital silhouettte and that led me to searching Karen's site for more.  I found this sweet one, sized it down and printed it, then overstamped this stamped text image from Hero Arts, and then added some framed dp panels and my sentiment to finish my card.


supplies: white, black, grey cardstock, dps from Basic Grey "Ambrosia" paper pad from Donna, digital silhouette image, Hero Arts G2991 Friends Background, CL377 Be Happy, Versafine onyx back ink, black dotted grosgrain ribbon from Fika, Hero Arts white art flower, Maya Road gingham flower from Clare

20 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Great minds think alike! Love the design and the papers. Beautiful! The silhouettes are adorable.

Unknown said...

Wow, Lin! This card is fantastic!! I love the silhouette images and the text stamp I must have! Love, love the dps. I have that paper but don't remember these:)

sideoats + scribbles said...

Love this so much Lin!

And Karen has a treasure trove of awesome goodies on her site -- LOVE!!!! It's very dangerous, I've spent hours and hours on there. :)

Have a great weekend! HUGS! :)

Sanne said...

Wow Lin so many great cards since my last visit! This one is amazing. Your card with the little bird is just perfect, too :)

Dotty Jo said...

This is fabulous - I love all that yummy black and white! Jo x

Lucille K said...

Oh Lin, what a wonderful card, just love what you have done here :)

jintyoo7 said...

Marvelous design and card. Love the silhouette image. Thank you for reminding me what a fantastic resource The Graphic Fairy is :o)

MarcyK924 said...

You got my vote for sure! This is one amazing card, Lin!!

shirley said...

Love this every detail on this card!

Tracey said...

WOW!!! Lin you made a FABULOUS card with these colours.....they scare me!!! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Lin - I love the monochrome look! You make it look effortlessly beautiful ;)
Hugs, Ruth S

Alice said...

wow! this is gorgeous, Lin! love love how you used these colors and the mie image is so pretty! fabulous card, Lin!

Cristina said...

Oooh! I am loving silhouettes at the moment, and you've done a knockout job with this one. So pretty. Thanks for joining us at Embellish!

Sarah Martina said...

Oh dear - this is SUPER gorgeous! :) I'm a sucker for silhouettes! :) Thanks so much for joining us for Embellish Color Trends!

Dawn T said...

stunning! Love the way you put the silhouette onto the text

Arlene said...

All I can say is WOW! Love the style, pizazz, richness and dog-gone cuteness of this.

Meg said...

Great card! I love that kitty waiting for a drop to spill. ;)

78thistles said...

Such a pretty card Lin! You did a great job with the challenge colors.

Barb Turpin said...

I adore children silhouettes...beautiful card!

Dayna Sabrina said...

I adore this card. Love the print style and the silhouette image. I am definitely a new fan. Thanks so much for sharing!