Monday, June 13, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays #6

I needed a quick thank you card, and thanks to this week's  CAS-ual Friday challenge and my scrap basket, I was able to make one quickly.  This week we're to make a CAS card, incorporating any 3 lines of this table:


Here's what I came up with, using the diagonal line including emboss, punch, and buttons:


supplies: white cardstock, Hero Arts K5175 Houndstooth, Brilliance tricolor Peacock ink, clear embossing powder, H5426 Artists' Butterfly, and CL341 Thank You Sayings, versafine onyx black ink and clear embossing powder, tiny green buttons, Martha Steward butterfly punch

I started by stamping the Houndstooth pattern using Brilliance tri-color ink Peacock and clear embossed it.  That gave me my color scheme.  Then I pulled out an old finished scrap of the aqua/turquoise polished stone and clear embossed the butterfly, cutting it out.   I added some tiny buttons to its body and some previously punched MS butterflies as its trail.  All of my stamping was clear embossed.

14 comments:

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love the colours and that gorgeous butterfly! :)

Barb said...

It's fun to see the Houndstooth stamp again and in those lovely colors! Beautiful butterfly, Lin. . .love the trail!

Brenda said...

Love the Houndstooth stamp background and how you got the colour gradient so perfectly! Such a beautiful card Lin!

farmhouse-story said...

so pretty, lin! i love how you did the houndstooth:)

Sue Lelli said...

Lin, LOVE the graduated colors in the houndstooth and those butterflies! GREAT card!

Michele Gross said...

Love that colorful houndstooth-really great look! Gorgeous card and I'm so happy you had fun with our tic tac toe board at CAS-ual Fridays!

Stella said...

That houndstooth looks amazing. I love this type of ink. It's a gorgeous background for that stunning butterfly!

Nancy K said...

I love this! It's so fresh and pretty in blues and greens. And that great Houndstooth stamp has never looked so snazzy!

Suzanne C said...

Love the gradient colors and the butterflies! Such a charming card!

Tiffany Ervin said...

The blue and greens are really striking, love houndstooth pattern!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your take on the colors and CAS-Friday challenge! You're fast becoming the CAS card maker! I love seeing your CAS cards!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! xo

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Awesome! Love the color variegation in the houndstooth - fantastic!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope you'll join us again and share more of your beautiful work!

Carla said...

it's a beautiful card, love the stamp.

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura