Sunday, June 26, 2011

Slate Blue, Barn Red, and Grey

Here's our photo inspiration for this week's Play Date Cafe challenge:


And here's my take on the colors, using some new Purple Onion Designs stamps:


supplies: white cardstock, Hero Arts S5215 Clouds, stormy sky distress ink, bundled sage distress ink on bottom of card, Purple Onion Designs #SABH The Bird House, K&Company Americana mat pad, Hero Arts CL484 Whimsical Houses (sentiment), versafine onyx black ink on kraft paper, twine, die-cut fence from Carol, colored with weathered wood distress ink 

10 comments:

Jen W. said...

So sweet! I'm waiting for my PO order to arrive and can't wait to play with my news stamps!

Petra Tillmann said...

Great cards with the birdhouses. The birds.are great!

Tracey said...

LOVE this scene Lin...FAbulous use of the PDCC colours! Thanks for joining us at The PLay Date Cafe :)

Anonymous said...

Great card - I love the homely style of those POD stamps ;)
Rx

Godelieve said...

Such a wonderful sweet card!

Judy1223 said...

Eeek!!! This is So so so CUTE!!!! I love the red and blue shades you've used Lin.....just adorable!

Stella said...

Awe...this is so cute and sweet!!Your colors are spot on and I love the birdhouses. Gorgeous card!

Meg said...

I love the homespun look of this card! From the birdies to the fence to the sign, every detail is just perfect!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is GORGEOUS, Lin! I love how you used our colors! What a sweet card:)

Suzanne C said...

Love the birdhouses and the patriotic colors. SO festive and lovely!