Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge #88

These colors this week at the Play Date Cafe challenge scared me a little bit at first:


But after I found the red dot on green dp, and then decided on this old watering can stamp, it all came together, and I quite like the results.  I remember my grandfather's old watering can just about this color, only well-faded; I look forward to the time that my grandchildren will be helping us water our gardens.


supplies: yellow card stock as base, dps from Crate Paper "Emma's Shoppe" and pinkpaislee "Hometown Summer", old 1995 PSX stamp #K-1620, colored pencils, versafine onyx black ink and tumbled glass distress ink for shading background, PTI tiny tags and sentiment from "Friendship Jar", red heart button, natural twine

11 comments:

Cathy A said...

Oh my Lin, I think that colour combo would have me nervous too on where to start. You really have nailed this, love the watering can and can just picture your adorable grandchildren helping you water the garden!

Stella said...

Lin I probably wrote it before and maybe it sounds a bit boring but you never cease to amaze me. Your take on these colors is stunning.
GORGEOUS!!!!

( I am still searching for a good idea with these colors...)

farmhouse-story said...

love the memorie attached to your very cute card, lin:) love that stamp-awesome coloring, too!

Anonymous said...

Fab card - I love that image. And your teeny tag and twine-button combo are perfect ;)
Thanks for the inspiration! Rx

Jean Franks Beck said...

Lin, this is stunning! Your coloring is gorgeous, and this entire piece is absolutely perfect for the PDCC - so beautifully composed.

cutiephinphin said...

wow this is lovely. Awesome coloring.

Michele Gross said...

Love this! All your little details add to the delight the image offers :) Great card!! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

Dawn T said...

just gorgeous Lin. Such pretty colours

Tracey said...

You did it Lin!!! AND it is PERFECT!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Suzanne C said...

What a beautiful image and your coloring is perfect. Gorgeous card.

Brenda said...

Your colouring here is superb Lin!