Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Shades of Blue

I find myself more and more drawn to CAS cards, and have started playing along with the Less is More challenge.  This week the theme is "Shades of Blue".  Since blues of all shades are my favorite colors I just had to give this a try.  I pulled out some Hero Arts wood block stamps from 2002 and 2003 and a newer clear set for my entry, and used 3 shades of aqua ink:


supplies: white card stock, Hero Arts E2759 Drooping Petals (part of a Poetic Prints set), tumbled glass distress ink, F2623 A Real Flower Drooping, broken china distress ink, CL129 Anytime Messages, VersaFine Deep Lagoon ink


Since this card is all stamping, I'm entering again into Moxie Fab World's Stamp It! Cards Week challenge.

18 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Wow this is so pretty Lin and a perfect CAS card.

Jacqueline said...

I know how you love your blues - its so nice to do a CAS card now and again and even using the old stamps too - love that!

joy said...

Love, love! Blues are my favorite colors, too.

Unknown said...

So pretty and so not your usual thing! I love it!! Welcome to clean and simple, Lin-it's a lovely card:)

Sandy said...

Simple and beautiful love it!
Sandy

Kathyk said...

Lovely work

Kathyk

Isha Gupta said...

Lovely CAS card Lin.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the classy look of monochrome designs - great job ;)
Rx

Mandi said...

Absolutely fabulous Lin
Love it!
Thank you so much
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Angela Weimer said...

A lovely card. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Anglea

Suzanne C said...

Another beautiful layered cas card! Wonderful design!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Beautiful, Lin! Elegant and artsy. :)

Brenda said...

Outstanding design Lin!

Stella said...

Well we have our love for blue in common :)
I can't make a decent CAS card. But you CAN! This beauty is already in my favorites folder. So jaw dropping gorgeous!

Jenny said...

Beautiful card Lin, sweet sentiment too :)
Jenny x

Viv said...

Fab, love it :O) Viv xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I absolutely love your card! The blue flower against the negative image and the sentiment overlapping - beautifully done.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks again for linking this up to the Stamp It! Cards Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)