Friday, August 12, 2011

Frogs Whiskers!!

Good morning!  It's time for another challenge at Lily Pad Cards!  This week it's to incorporate some kind of fabric or felt into your project.

The Design Team was able to choose some stamps from a Canadian company called Frogs Whiskers - what an amazing selection of stamps they have!  I did 2 cards for this challenge, and the stamps worked beautifully on each one, a nice clear impression.  The first one uses the stamp called Sunflower Script, which I stamped right onto some gold gingham cotton fabric left over from my quilting days:


supplies: kraft card base, gold gingham cotton fabric, Frogs Whiskers #K670 Sunflower Script, versafine Vintage Sepia ink, Memento markers to color, natural twine, buttons, gold card stock and Memory Box "Valise" green gingham paper as frames, The Craft's Meow "Baggin Some Rays" sentiment 




After stamping I carefully colored in the flowers and leaves with Memento markers, then inserted a piece of cardstock behind the fabric, and pulled the fabric around it, securing it behind.  After wrapping some twine
and buttons around that panel, it was framed in 2 pieces of card stock, and that placed on the kraft card base.. 

My 2nd card was really simple, using a piece of linen which was stamped with the beautiful Bittersweet Wreath, then sewn down to the card base. Then I just added the little red pearls, some ribbon and a button.  I am so glad to have this stamp - I'll use it often for all seasons!

  

supplies: red card stock, linen, Frogs Whiskers #J377 Bittersweet Wreath, Versafine Vintage Sepia ink, Memory Box red pearls, Hobby Lobby checked red and cream ribbon, red button, natural twine


I hope you'll go on over to Lily Pad Cards to see what the other DT members did, and then play along with the challenge!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delicious cards Lin - the fabric adds such warmth to your designs ;)
Rx

farmhouse-story said...

oh, i esp. love the wreath on the fabric--too cute!

Barb said...

Lin, you have inspired me today!! Well, I guess you always do but these cards are just so beautiful! I love them both and can't wait to get some fabric out and play! I've said this before but I'm so glad you share your talent! Hugs! :)

Pauline said...

Oh I love the stamped fabric! I think I like the wreath with it's pop of red berries, so festive and cozy on fabric!

MarcyK924 said...

I'm inspired! These cards are AMAZING!! You have been busy and extremely creative!! Ditto to what Barb said - thanks for sharing your talent!! xoxo

smahrty said...

Love the wreath on linen cloth! Thanks for the idea!

Jenifer Ann said...

These are gorgeous Lin! I love your design, the colors, fabric, definition - just beautiful!!!

Jenny said...

Oh Lin I just had to pop over and tell you how much I love your wreath card. The whole design sums up Christmas to me, I love the natural earthy colours with the pop of red. Just fabulous :)
Jenny x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Totally going to CASE that second card! I LOVE the use of fabric! FAB job:)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Lin your stamped designs on fabric are wonderful. Love the added texture it gives to the design. Gorgeous work.

Jacqueline said...

LOVE how you used the fabric on these gorgeous cards!

Virginia L. said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love both of your cads! I have one Frogs Whiskers stamp (bought it in Spring at Scrapfest here)) and it's STILL brand new! So I'd better get it out to play! Thanks for the inspiration!

stampingandstitching said...

Love, love, love both of these cards, Lin! Fab use of fabrics! Your sunflowers look amazing and I love the buttons on the first one. Love the way you've embellished the wreath on the second card!

Suzanne C said...

Stunning cards. Love the wreath with the berries and the warm sunflowers is so soothing.