Monday, May 21, 2012

Another "just because" card......

I'll be out of the loop for a few days, so I thought I'd post another card that I made just for me.  I saw a card recently on Pinterest that used this 2009 paper from October Afternoon, and fell in love with it all over again.....there's just something so appealing about that blue with the dots and the creamy flowers. I added another October Afternoon paper, too - love florals and stripes together!


supplies: cream and green cardstock, dps from October Afternoon "Report Card" and "Thrift Shop", Spellbinders Rose Creation die-cut flowers, orange and gold buttons, Martha Stewart doily lace punch, leaves from Wplus9 Folk Art Florals die, Penny Black "To You" stamp, VersaFine onyx black ink

I tried various kinds of flowers, but I liked these single diecuts from Spellbinders; they're meant to be stacked into one flower, but I like them on their own, too!

23 comments:

Jackie said...

This is such a pretty card and I think you chose exactly the right flowers for it.

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Could it be that it's blue? Your favorite color as you mentioned a few days ago!!:)

Bunnyfreak said...

Those flowers are perfect with the patterned paper.

Heather Rogers said...

So very pretty Lin. I loved that paper when it came out and never did get any. If you love it, it never goes out of style. :)

Hugs~

Kathy (krolski) said...

The flowers go so well with the pretty paper. Beautiful card!

Alice said...

such a sweet card, Lin! so pretty and delightful! love love it!

Brenda said...

Lin, this is such a lovely card. I love the flower pattern and the embossed flowers with buttons.

Kara Lynne said...

I love your dimensional flowers with that sweet paper! Beautiful card.

Barb said...

This cards screams, "Lin!" Just love every bit of it! You're right - the stripes look fab with the flowers! Enjoy your fun, family time, Lin!

Brenda said...

I agree wtih you Lin! That blue is so soft and serene! Lovely card.

MaryH said...

So very fresh & summery...Loved the papers, and the single flowers with the cherry button centers are just perfect. More would have been too fussy...IMHO. The lace borders remind me of afternoon ice tea with the table trimmed in vintage lace. Thanks for sharing.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Lin! This is so fresh and pretty for Spring! I think I have that paper too! Love what you did with the flowers. It's a wonderful card. Have a blessed week. :-)

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the pattern paper you used with the buttons and flowers!

Dawn T said...

what a delightful card Lin. I love how you used the flowers and embossed them.

walchowDesign said...

Such a pretty card and those die cut flowers match so well with the bg pp!

Robin K. said...

There is definitely something very appealing about florals and stripes together Lin! Your cluster of die cut flowers pairs perfectly with those lovely pp's!

Pam W Merwin said...

Beautiful Lin! Makes me smile :)

Sandy said...

Hey Lin - from me to you - your creation is beautiful!
sandy

Helen L said...

Beautiful card!! The die cut flowers are a perfect compliment to the background paper :-)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Lin,
This is beautiful--love the cheerfulness of this card. The flowers are gorgeous.

Cindy C. said...

So delightfull!! Love it.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Lin you expertly matched your handmade flowers to the patterned paper beautifully!

maria f. said...

This is so pretty and I was looking at your flowers, wondering "which punch/die is that?" They are realistic, yet cute. And they match the PP perfectly too.