Friday, August 3, 2012

Hugs & Love

At Joan's Gardens, the challenge is to use this recipe:
                Use a flower as your focal point
                Use black and red
                Use an embossing folder
                Use either a stamped or die-cut border at the bottom

Here's my card, heavily influenced by this one I posted a few days ago:


supplies: white card base, black, red, and green cardstock, Cuttlebug Herringbone embossing folder, Hero Arts CL596 Pattern Hearts & Flowers, CG288 Scallop Borders, Versafine onyx black ink,  heart punch from Michael's, Hero Arts red gems, Scrapbook Adhesives foam squares

Because I was kind of following the outlines of my previous card, I chose the herringbone embossing folder for this card.  And I like that I used an older (scallop border) and a newer (roses and sentiment panel) stamp to make it.

These roses remind me of a red rose bush that came with our house when we bought it.  You all know that red is not a favorite color of mine, I even prefer pastels in my flowers, so this plant has been moved many times.  It must be on its own stock, because it is still going strong!  

11 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card and what a pretty flower.

Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card Lin, fabulous colour combo, very striking.
luv
Debby

Jackie said...

That is so pretty! Red is not a favorite color of mine, either, but the red and black combination is so striking.

MarcyK924 said...

I'm so glad you entered Joan's challenge, she's such a wonderful person! I adore this card, Lin! When you use red, it's always one of my favorites, even though we are PINK ladies! BEAUTIFUL card! Hugs, Marcy

MaryH said...

Stunning & very dramatic! (I LIKE red...and this is gorgeous combined with the black) Great job. TFS

Lisa Carroll said...

Beautiful, Lin! Funny, I was just going to say that I LOVE the red! You may not care for it, but you used it beautifully here! :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Absolutely WONDERFUL!!! Love your design with the black and red - so beautiful!
Have a great weekend, hugs, Karin

Brenda said...

Beautiful Lin! A very rich card!

Dawn T said...

LOVE this Lin. Those red roses are a perfect foil for the black background

Theresa's Studio said...

Love this card...perfect for Joan's challenge. Very Dramatic!
Hugs!

Sue Lelli said...

So PRETTY Lin! LOVE the red flowers and the heart by the sentiment!