Friday, February 1, 2013

Snip and Stick

If you're here to see my card using the February sketch at The Craft's Meow, please click HERE.

Happy February, all!  Today I'm thrilled to share that I'll be a Guest Designer at A Blog Named Hero this month; thank you, Mary Dawn and Linda, for this honor!

The challenge for this first half of the month is paper-piecing, one of my favorite techniques.  Playing with fun printed papers is just like playing with fabrics like I did when I was a quilter.  Today I used a 6" paper pad from pebbles called "Family Ties", and 2 of my favorite Hero Arts stamps, Pattern Hearts and Flowers and Made with Love.


Snip & Stick for ABNH, Feb 1

I used a 3/4" square punch for the squares that I used around the border on my card, which I cut to 4 1/2" X 5 1/4" to make everything fit, and a Nesties Scalloped Rectangle die for the white panel.  The flowers were stamped on 4 of the papers, then pieced back together as shown, and then popped up above the card.  To finish I added some pearls.

Please visit A Blog Named Hero to see the Design Team's projects for this challenge - I know you'll be blown away!   And I hope you'll make something, too!

13 comments:

Barb said...

Lin, this is wonderful and so YOU! Love the colors and quilt-y background! Your flowers look so pretty too - fab design! Congrats on your guest design spot! :)

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on guest designing at ABNH! Love the quilted effect on your card--so very "you"! Looking forward to seeing your projects for the month!

Anonymous said...

ACK!!!! I didn't know you were guest designing with ABNH this month! HOW COOL that we get to be on the same team together. I LOVE your card for today - totally fabulous. :-)

Pam W Merwin said...

Lin, I love this and it is soooo you! What a great quilt background - the flowers are perfect! I haven't done any "paper piecing" in a while but you have motivated to get those scissors out :) Blessings to you!

Virginia L. said...

Way to rock this guest design, Lin! Your paper-piecing is gorgeous as always! This one is truly a masterpiece! Love the quilt background and beautiful flowers--this is definitely your signature card :)

Tina said...

Lin, I smiled from ear to ear when I saw your card! It is pure beauty and I love how use lots of pp and still get such a classy look.

jintyoo7 said...

Magnificent, Lin - I remember a challenge once was to pick a card maker who inspired you. Guess who I picked - lol, and it was quilt themed card :)

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful mix and match of papers, Lin!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is such a wonderful quilt you created, Lin!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on the guest DT spot! I love this quilt themed card...and the flowers are just lovely!

Maureen Morton said...

A huge congrats on the design team! Couldn't happen to a more inspiring gal. And I love this "quilted" card. I actually just bought (on sale!) the pattern Hearts and Flowers stamp set because of all the magic I have seen you create with it. Lovely!

judkajudi said...

This is a perfect Lin card! Congrats on the design spot!!

Helen L said...

Lin, this is sooo beautiful!! I still quilt, and this is so quilty!! Pinned it!!! Hugs, and have a great Sunday!!