Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Simon Says ....... Choose a Sketch

Hello friends!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

This week our Dawny has provided 2 sketches for us to use for our creations.  We can't wait to see what you do with them!  The design team and our Guest Designer Dee are using Art Impressions stamps.   I made a card with each sketch - here's the first one:


And here's my card:



This little stamp is called Easter Chicks. I bet most of you don't remember when children got live chicks that had been dyed pastel colors for Easter.....  That memory prompted me to color my chicks in pastel colors. Then I chose papers from Jillibean Soup's Southern Chicken Dumpling Soup and the aqua panel is Lasting Impressions seaside checks.  The sentiment is from the Hero Arts Celebrate Everyday set.  After stamping my sentiment and gluing on all the paper panels, I ran the whole card through a Sizzix Dots embossing folder, and then popped my stamped panel on top of it.  

Here's the 2nd sketch:  


and my card:


This time I paper-pieced the chicks, using papers from a BoBunny Soft Shades Double Dot pad.  The sentiment comes from Hero's Everyday Sayings set.  The buttons are Hero Arts also.  

Sweet Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher to use at the Simon Says Stamp Superstore to a random winner of this challenge!  Will it be you this week?


15 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE your HAPPY DANCING pastel chicks!

Barb said...

That trio of pastel chicks is adorable, Lin! I love both cards but your second one is my fave - just LOVE all those pretty dots!

Maureen Morton said...

The little tiny grins on these chicks make me smile big - for sure. Thanks for showing the versatility of using these stamps with your cute papers. Both are so dear and so full of spring love. Thanks!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) the image is just sooo cute and the colours and details are fabulous ! :-)

Crikey, I never heard of children being given live dyed chicks for Easter ,, thank goodness that tradition has died out,, poor chicks :-(

Luv
Lols x x x

Lisa Carroll said...

These are adorable, Lin! You made this sketch challenge look effortless... love your sweet, spring-y colors and those cute chicks! :)

Jo Nevill said...

Lurve your card Lin ! Love the colours you have used and those lovely little chicks !

Hugs

Jo x

Jingle said...

These are just adorable!

Sue McRae said...

Those little chicks are so sweet in pastels, perfect for spring.

Heather said...

These are both adorable Lin, such pretty colours and papers. Your images are just sweet and I love your buttons!!!

hugs
Heather xx

deesdesigns said...

I'm loving the soft, springy color palette and I adore the button treatment you did - thanks for the inspiration! I'm having so much fun being part of the Simon Says Stamp team thim month - thanks for having me!Dee

Melissa Bove said...

Super cute cards Lin! Love how you colored in the chicks in pastel colors!!

hugs...

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love BOTH versions of this sweet chick trio that you made, Lin! The bright fun colors are so perfect for spring! :)

Sarah J Moerman said...

Sweet cards, Lin! I love the spring colors and you wonderful paper piecing!

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous cards Lin and so cute too.
luv
Debby

jintyoo7 said...

What sweet little chicks, Lin - love what you did with them :)