Friday, July 26, 2013

Sunset colors

If you're here for the Hero Arts Hostess Summer Picnic Blog Hop, please click HERE.  Thank you!


Isn't this a gorgeous image?  I skidded to a stop when I saw it at Sue's blog, and then headed over to the Papercraft Star Challenge to check it out some more.  The colors here are magical!  I just bought some new paper pads, and sure enough, I think these papers match the colors pretty well - what do you think?


supplies: Hero Arts pool layering paper as card base, design papers from MME's Sky's the Limit pad, paper doily, my own hand-dyed seam binding (worn lipstick, I think?), old music paper and PPI flower dies, Hero Arts My Happy stamp set, Tide Pool mid-tone ink, aqua pearls, coral button

I loved working on this - hope you like it too!

19 comments:

Betty said...

Lin - of course I like it!! Colors are so pretty together.

Lisa Elton said...

Lin this is FABULOUS!! I love the crumply bloom and you really brought out the colors in the photo. GREAT job!!

joy said...

Lin, this is the prettiest card I've seen in a LONG time. I love these colors together and your design is just fabulous. So, so Sa-weet!!!

LindaS said...

Gorgeous colors.

Barb said...

It's absolutely perfect, Lin! The colors are gorgeous and the patterns work beautifully together! Love every detail!

Pam from Maine said...

Your translation of the sunset colors is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Adorable card Lin - your papers were an ideal match! I do love your music score flower and bow... perfection! Rx

Dawn T said...

A very beautiful card Lin. Love the use of the patterns with the blue.

Maureen Chandler said...

What a lovely card! The colors and layers work wonderfully together - thanks so much!

judkajudi said...

I love the many, many details on your beautiful interpretation of that sunset!! Just gorgeous.

jintyoo7 said...

Saw this on Flickr yesterday, Lin and was delighted with it's beauty - you have replicated the colours from that incredible photograph perfectly :)

Heatheranne Whitman said...

Hi Lin, I think the papers match beautifully and your card is wonderful. I love the texture as well as the design. Have a great day. :-)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is just gorgeous - GREAT job!!!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star.

Deanne :)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Perfect match Lin, gorgeous creation!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow this is fabulous!! Great take on those colours and beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along at Papercraft Star!

Diane said...

Beautiful and it sure looks like a winner to me...fabulous!!

Leni said...

I really love the card AND how the colors match with the photo! Wonderful photo!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Oh my goodness this is just lovely! The flower is stunning! Thank you for joining us this week over at the Ppercraft Star.

Anitra

Clare said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL, Lin! I love the inspiration pic, and how you interpreted it! There's just so much loveliness packed onto one card!