Saturday, August 24, 2013

Hello Sunshine

As our summer draws to a close, I thought this sunny card would be appropriate for today:


supplies: gold and black cardstock, Penny Black Indian Wheel, stamped in yellow ink on yellow cardstock, then overstamped in black and clear embossed with Polka Dot Sprig and a sentiment from Friendship, black and white gingham bow

Simple, but it kind of catches both summer and autumn!  And as I've said before, this Indian Wheel background lends itself to anything!

introducing-xmas

Did you know that Penny Black has introduced their Christmas stamps and catalog?  Visit the store to see all the wonderful designs!

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

13 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh my word, this is sensational!! Can't compliment the colors, design, layout, warmth, and beauty enough. It's just wonderful in its simplicity and that bow...AWESOME!!
hugs,
Lisa x

Jackie said...

Indian summer is, I hope, right around the corner! Your card is lovely, I love that background stamp.

Pam W Merwin said...

Love the color combination, Lin. That background is amazing and love the simplicity of the flower. Hope you are having a glorious day - I think I am ready to wind down from summer too :)

Arlene said...

Love this card - for me it's all about SUMMER and fun and catching the sun. Just perfect colors.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Barb said...

Love this color combo, Lin! Beautiful card!

Sally said...

Love the simplicity and colors of this beautiful design, Lin!

Virginia L. said...

This is so gorgeous, Lin! GREAT choice of colros and design for the stamps! This card is perfect for this time of the year...and no, summer is not over yet--ssssshhhh!

Dawn T said...

lovely colours Lin. Beautiful card.

Brenda said...

I thought that was patterned paper Lin! Beautiful and I love the black against it!

Penny Ward said...

Such a beautiful simple card. Love the stamped tag sentiment...so cute!

judkajudi said...

Beautiful end of summer card, Lin. My yellow card perked up when I added the black and white gingham bow!!

Maureen Morton said...

don't do this to me, Lin.....I'm kicking and screaming and refuse to give a polite good-bye! Ha! But, this card is perfect for this horrible event! Love the sentiment and that cute bow! I refuse to look at Christmas stuff, though!!!!