Thursday, August 1, 2013

Welcome Summer

This was made for a challenge where the criteria was to use a floral paper, a doily, 3-dimensional flowers, and greenery.  To start, I chose this colorful design paper by My Mind's Eye from the Collectable collection called Notable.  I love it so much I bought 2 in the 12" size, plus the 6" pad that it is in, too.  It is just so summery to me.  So I used that as my floral background, and proceeded to build the rest of my card around it, using the colors I pulled from it:


supplies: ivory, gold, and Tide cardstock, MME Collectable Notable dp, others from the 6" pad of MME's Collectable Notable, Spellbinders Floral Ovals doily, Wplus9 Folk Art Florals (leaves), sentiment from Paper Smooches Summer Groves stamps, charcoal mid-tone ink and some die-cut daisies

As it turns out, I didn't enter the challenge because I didn't follow the directions explicitly, but I love it, and I hope it makes you smile.  Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

joy said...

Oh, Lin! That's what I did with the Flourishes challenge - I forgot to use the sketch provided on my first card, so ended up making a second one.

I agree, these papers are so pretty - I love that allover floral design for your background. And, the sentiment from Paper Smooches - gotta' get me some, The doily is a great shape, too. Hope you are having a good summer

Jackie said...

Your card is gorgeous. I love the colors and those flowers are so pretty.

Pam W Merwin said...

Oh well :( Some days are like that BUT I LOVE your card!!!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Another beautiful card Lin - I'm so glad I follow your blog as I'd hate to miss all your lovely makes, Jo x

Brenda said...

Incredibly beautiful Lin, no wonder you bought so many paper pads! You definitely take your paper seriously :) I just made a similar Oops on a challenge I just played, but heck, as long as you enjoyed yourself, I believe that's what counts!

Lisa Elton said...

Your layers of flowers and leaves is just beautiful Lin, and such summery colors too!!

Paula S. said...

Just stunning Lin! This truly shouts 'summer' to me. I love everything about this, especially the 3-D flowers, the patterned paper, the blue leaves... well like I said I love it all! :)

Penny Ward said...

OMG...I have done this beforew thinking I was the only one. Made a card and discovered I hadn't used a companies certain product. Oh well...your card is just adorable...you have the most wonderful stash of buttons!!!

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful and a pity you can not use it for the challenge...

Sharon Underwood said...

Love everything about this card, especially those beautiful flowers!

Skye said...

A gorgeous card. It is so bright and summery. The flowers are very pretty.

jintyoo7 said...

What a very happy card, Lin - just the ticket this morning - LOVE all the flowery goodness :)