Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pink Camo

Hi!  I'm here again today with another card I made for Splitcoast Stampers' Hope You Can Cling To campaign.  This one is called Fighting in Pink Camo, hosted by Lee, who asks us to show our strength in pink camo.  I remembered a technique from years ago at the Hero Arts flickr group, and used my Hydrangea stamp to make a kind of camouflage background.


I repeatedly stamped the flower head in Bubble Gum mid-tone ink on white cardstock.  Other supplies: sentiment from The Craft's Meow Hope Blooms, Charcoal mid-tone ink, Wplus9 Seasonal Sentiments die, pink cardstock

Thanks for visiting today;  I hope you can make a card or two to send along to the cancer patients at MD Anderson Cancer Center; AND you'll have a chance at some wonderful prizes if you post it to SplitCoast Stampers!

9 comments:

joy said...

Just fabulous, Lin!

Cindy C. said...

Wow that background is awesome Lin! At first glance I thought it was pattern paper! And thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog.

Maureen Morton said...

What a great way to stretch one of our favorite stamps (I'll never give it up). This is a real treasure, Lin....you know I love that heart font, too.

Barb said...

Lin, this turned out just PERFECT!! Love that background! Beautiful card!

Virginia L. said...

Love your stamping on the background, Lin! The diecut sentiment is perfect for the October Breast Cancer awareness!

Dawn T said...

what a great card Lin. The hydrangeas really look like pink camo.

jintyoo7 said...

What a marvelous idea for a background, Lin - and it turned out beautifully - Wonderful card :)

Penny Ward said...

You are killing me with all this cuteness!!! Gotta have this die...thanks for the enabling!

maria f. said...

This is beautiful. I just love the heart in the middle of the word. I went crazy with HYCCT last year but don't know that I'll be able to this year. What a great card drive, though.