Saturday, December 28, 2013

My favorite cards of 2013

As I have done in past years, I'd like to have an end-of-the-year post where I bring back my favorite cards from this year.

2013 has been a year of change!  Many of our favorite print magazines have gone digital, leaving a big void for me.  Our beloved Cath Edvalson stepped down from her Moxie Fab World column and a huge source of my inspiration went with her.  The Craft's Meow stamp company closed its doors, as did one of my favorite challenges, the Play Date Cafe.  But life is nothing but change, so we adjust and go on.  One thing that has not changed, evidenced by what you'll see below, is my love of all things floral.

I've chosen a favorite or two from each month - hope you enjoy walking down memory lane with me!  You can click on each picture to be taken back to the post where that card was featured, if you need any details.

January

This was for a Simon Says Stamp challenge, using my all-time favorite Penny Black flower stamp.


February

For a Splitcoast Stampers challenge, I die-cut some flowers from felt:


March

This one uses masking and stamps from the Simon March Card Kit.


And for a chevron challenge at Moxie Fab World:


April

This card uses a gorgeous Anna Griffin embossing folder - I loved it so much I made 4 different versions of this card with it.



I included this one just to break up all the flowers you'll be seeing here;  isn't this a pretty stamp?


May

I loved making this - it was for a CASE Study challenge, and I tried to use as many forms of dots as I could.


This was made to debut a new The Craft's Meow chalkboard set.


June

Here's one using Penny Black stamps; that Indian Wheel background is so versatile!


Lilacs are a sentimental favorite of mine, and I really like how this one turned out!


July

I had lots of fun making this for our Hero Arts Hostess Blog Hop - our theme was Summer Picnic!



I love color so much that I don't often do anything just black and white, but I chose to include this card because I love every single element on it!  The sweet silhouette and sentiment are by Flourishes, as is the floral strip.



August

I embraced washi tapes this year, and love the mix of them with this beautiful stamp designed by Clare Buswell, for The Craft's Meow.



Here's a one-layer card that won me a prize in a Hero Arts challenge



September

Another one-layer design that was so simple to do, but I love how it turned out!



I used a favorite Hero Arts background stamp for this one - love the shades of blue here!



October

More washi tape, for a breast cancer awareness card drive at SplitCoast Stampers.



These beautiful leaves are Clearly Besotted stamps, and I played with ink splattering on this card.



November

I had such fun making this one; the panel used a snowflake stencil and several distress inks - love the color!



I made this for Cath Edvalson for her farewell Moxie Fab World blog hop.  I miss her so much!



For this card I started with a panel of white cardstock and built up the colors and layers, inspired by a  discontinued designer paper.


and here we are back around to December!

These Penny Black birds stole my heart, and I love the snowflakes dies they gave us this year, too!



More snowflakes here.  This uses all Simon Says Stamp exclusives.



I'd love to spend some time in this little cottage - it looks so warm and cozy!  These birch tree and cardinal dies were used for many of my Christmas cards this year!



Thanks for bearing with me for this long post.  Is there a card here that is your favorite?  I'd love to hear what you think.

In the past, when doors close, I have been grateful for the new ones that open and the opportunities that I'm given to share this love of cardmaking.  Can't wait to see what 2014 holds for all of us!  Happy New Year to all of you; thank you so much for coming to visit, and especially for your kind comments.

Do you do a similar post with your own card favorites?  Leave me a comment and I'll come visit you!

33 comments:

Jackie said...

All of yours are so beautiful there's no way I could pick a favorite! I won't be doing a favorites post this year. I have too many photos of my adorable grandson to post!

Susan Clare said...

Love all of these - you are SO talented!

adele holcomb said...

These are spectacular, Lin! Some I saw before; others are new to me (and you can bet I'll be pinning a few more to Pinterest). I love your work and am always eager to see what you create. Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Barb said...

Them them ALL, Lin! No way to pick a fave! You always create such beautiful cards! I hope I can find time to do this too! ♥

Dawn T said...

amazing Lin. You are so inspiring. I really like them all and will be CASEing a couple of the designs. Thanks for always being so generous in sharing your work. I'm working on my favourites and hoping to post soon.
Best wishes for a Super 2014.

Arlene said...

Some gorgeous cards - loved the walk down memory lane. :)

Greta said...

What a great collection of cards with a lot of variety! I'm pinning the Peace on Earth--my favorite!

donna mikasa said...

I don't know how to choose a fave--I love them all! It must have been hard for you, too! I can always spot a "Lin" card with your colors, design, and your love of flowers. Happy Holidays to you and yours, dear friend!

Pam from Maine said...

Loved this collection of cards from over 2013. You make such wonderful cards....I always look forward to your posts.

Tania said...

Love all of these. I particularly adore the last 4; I'm a sucker for Christmas. I will be doing a favourites post that will go live on January 1.

Kath Stewart said...

a fabulous year of inspiration from you again Lin...thanks for sharing all your beautiful creations...hugs kath xxx

joy said...

Hi, Lin! Just popping by - still in CO. Your cards are all so pretty, who could pick just one?!

Here's to a blessed new year with lots of good things in store. See you on the 13th! (2nd Monday)

Maureen Morton said...

Thanks for this lovely year-end gift, Lin! It only showcases how amazingly diverse and exceptional your talent is.....you are so skillful and creative. A lovely(and floral) year, for sure - on to new and exciting things. happy new year, dear crafter

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

Such a wonderful collection of cards Lin - it would be too difficult to pick a favourite!! It was fun to see again so many beauties, second time around... and to remind myself that I "need" some of those lovely products, haha ;) I will have to put together a little roundup of some of my own blog highlights in the next day or two, Rx

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful to see 2013 "re-visited". I am hard pushed to pick a favourite - they're all beautiful. Thank you for putting this gorgeous montage together.

Wishing you joy, health and craftiness for 2014

Janet x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Great review - you are just one talented card maker! I so enjoyed looking at them. And yes, i am doing a review too
http://fun-stamping.blogspot.com/

Happy New Year to you,

Cornelia

Barb Ghig said...

I can 'spot' your cards in the gallery every time, Lin! Your gorgeous flowers and attention to detail just take my breath away, and you'll never know what a positive influence and source of inspiration you've been to me over this past year...Thank you!

I wish I could select a favorite, but honestly, I love them all! Thanks so much for sharing your collection with us, in fact I think I'll be doing the same and I'll let you know!

Sending you my warmest wishes for a happy and healthy New Year!

Darnell said...

What an incredible look back at your productive and creative year, Lin! While it is impossible to pick a favorite, the one that brought the sharpest intake of breath for me is your sensational autumn leaves card. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create for all of us in 2014! Happy New Year hugs! Darnell

Kara said...

beautiful! loved seeing them all again!!

Nancy K said...

Everyone of these cards is a favorite of mine from this past year! Thanks so much for all of your beautiful inspiration, Lin! Wishing you a wonderfully blessed 2014!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING! I remember a lot of these gorgeous cards, and some are new today to me! I need to sit down and do my favorites post too! Loved looking at your favs. Here's to a happy, and creative 2014! XO

Penny Ward said...

I love it!!! Thanks for inspiration...I did this kind of post also.
http://www.pennywardink.com/

hugs, Penny

Kathy (krolski) said...

Such an awesome post Lin! I love all of these cards, but the last one is my very favorite. So gorgeous! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and Happy 2014!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful post Lin! Thanks for bringing me with you down the memory lane, I enjoy each and every card, they are truly beautiful and inspiring! Wishing you a wonderful New Year!!

Sharon Underwood said...

Wow, these are very beautiful! Can't pick a favorite, as I love flowers, too!

Clare said...

You have obviously had an AMAZING year, craft wise! Seriously lovely cards! My faves have got to be the stunning one layer card that won the HA challenge, and your last December card - I seriously did a double take with that one. ;)
Have an awesome new year, Lin!! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Your cards are awesome! I can't wait to see what 2014 brings! I think the chevron card is my fav!

Brenda said...

I loved this trip down memory lane Lin! Such beautiful creations! I can't wait to see what you bring us in 2014! Happy New Year!

Milla said...

What a beautiful selection of cards! Gorgeous each and every one. Happy New Year! :)

judkajudi said...

Thanks for show casing some of your year's work. Yes, changes happen ... sometimes too often, I think!! But we adapt and move forward!! Hugs.

SmilynStef said...

Wowza ... love that January design ... and that snowflake & music card is magical ... thanks for joining my Round-Up Link-Up

Suzanne C said...

Lin, I want to wish you and your family a blessed, happy and healthy new year! This post is a bouqet for the eyes! All the gorgeous flowers are just so wonderful!

Gabby said...

Wonderful collection of favs for 2013! I adore your beautiful Jan. card w/the H.A. flower. Love the colors, papers and quilted-look of your pink lemonade in the mason jar card. And ... my list goes on! :) I don't have a blog. I misunderstood Stephanie's (Ingenious Inkling) post to add links to your fav 2013 cards and I added all 12. She forgave me but if you want to see my fav 2013 cards, you can see them there. Gabby :)