Monday, February 24, 2014

Bokeh

I have been entranced by the Bokeh style of photography and thrilled to see it spilling over into cardmaking.  It occurred to me that the Simon stamp set called Lots of Dots is perfect for playing with this style.


So I pulled out some inks in aqua and added a few greens, chose 4 of the solid circles in the set and stamped away.  Inks are Hero Arts Mint Julep, Soft Pool, Pool, Tide Pool, Splash, and Green Hills and I added my Simon's exclusive Green Apple to the mix.  (the card base is also that same color).  So far, this is my favorite color from Simon!   I used one of my favorite sentiments, from Ali Edward's Simply You.  To give the ethereal look that bokeh has, I then covered my stamped panel with a piece of vellum before attaching it to my card base.  Unfortunately the vellum doesn't lie completely flat, so the sentiment was almost too muted to read, and so I went back in and overstamped it onto the vellum.  Then I added the perfect sequins from Lawn Fawn's Into the Woods collection.  

I love how this turned out, and making it gave me a little foretaste of spring!  Thanks for visiting me today - hope your week is off to a great start!

22 comments:

adele holcomb said...

Beautiful bokeh effect!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful job Lin and the sequins look fantastic!!

Sue McRae said...

Oh, I love this Lin! Hope you don't mind if I CASE it :)

Cat Craig said...

so fresh and springy Lin, love it.

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous!!! Love what you did with the stamps and sequins!! Beautiful job, big sis!

Cindy C. said...

I love the end result!

Sherri Scrapper said...

I love this bokeh style card! Great idea to use the velum on top and the sprinkle of sequins. :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Beautiful!

joy said...

Gorgeous!

Pam said...

Beautiful card! Love this effect. Fabulous colors.

Evelyn S. said...

This is a darling card, definitely "bokeh" looking! The colors are especially fresh and lovely.

Nancy K said...

You've totally perfected the bokeh style, Lin! I love your color choice, such a fabulous card!

Sharon Underwood said...

This is beautiful! Love that vellum on top of those great colors, and the sequins are the perfect touch!

Penny Nichols said...

This is gorgeous, Lin! Love the mute of the vellum. I am new to using vellum. This is a gorgeous idea! Thanks for sharing.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Wow Lin, this is absolutely gorgeous!

Greta said...

Great job of brokah on this card, Lin--love it!

Robin K. said...

Wow! I love how this turned out!

Karen Dunbrook said...

Love it mf...

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, love the colours and the soft effect, Lin :)

MarcyK924 said...

This has to be one of my faves of yours, Lin! The colors and effect is just dazzling, my friend! I have missed so much here! I am always inspired by your cards and I LOVE seeing all the new trends you have incorporated! XOXO

maria f. said...

Fabulous!

Lisa Lara said...

This is awesome Lin.