Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lime, Espresso, and White

I have been a big fan of all things lime, so when I saw the newest Card Concept challenge, to use lime, espresso, and white, I just had to have a play! Love the lime mixed with this deep chocolate brown!


Here's my take, in the Clean and Layered Style:


I started with a sketch I had saved in Pinterest.  The wide green strip is an unknown washi tape and the green branch die is now discontinued.  The button also comes from my stash.  It doesn't show very well in this picture, but the brown circle is also dry embossed with a woodgrain folder, listed below.

And I'm also trying out the InLinkz tool, thanks to Vicky at Clips-n-Cuts.  She is having a fantastic giveaway there, and I encourage you to go check it out!  



17 comments:

Jackie said...

I love the lime green and dark brown together, it's so fresh and clean. Thanks for the InLinkz info, I might have to give it a try next time. It looks pretty simple.

Dotty Jo said...

Great card and totally yummy colours, Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute Lin and I LOVE the polka dot button!

Virginia L. said...

This card is absolutely delightful!! I love green and elements that you had incorporated into this design! And HUGE congrats on your CASE Study win! I see that winning card is your blog banner right now..LOVE that! It's so timeless and gorgeous! You rock, Lin!

judkajudi said...

Wonderful color combo and I love the elements you included! Good for you for being techy enough to set up Inklinkz.

Barb Ghig said...

You really mastered this color combo and the clean and layered style, Lin! I love the pattern on the washi tape and how you added texture with the woodgrain circle...such a beautiful card!

Barb said...

What a fun color combo and you used it perfectly, Lin! Fab card!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous card. Just had to comment and tell you so!

Karen M said...

Gorgeous card - I love your design and these colours are so cool together:) hugs xx

Sarah G said...

The green really pops against the dark brown - I don't think I would have come up with this colour combo but it works so well! Love your CAS design too!

Cindy Lovell said...

Beautiful card.I love the leaves and the polka dot button!!
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!!

Ardyth said...

I have never seen that as a sentiment, but it is perfect for so many situations - very encouraging. Love the natural feel of this card. Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

Sharon Underwood said...

That lime green looks awesome with the deep chocolate color! Love your blog design, btw. Looks great!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Lin, I love the washi! Thank you so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept!

Nancy Penir said...

Pure, devine colors and patterns, Lin. Gorgeous on that chocolate circle!

Karen Davis said...

Lovely fresh approach to the challenge Lin. I love the die cut repeating the shapes in the DP. Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Sandi said...

This is so pretty! Love the use of the diecut!