Friday, April 18, 2014

CASEing Shari

Recently on the Simon Say Stamp blog,  Shari Carroll did an art journal spread to honor her Mom.  Shari consistently makes beautiful art of all kinds, but this particular piece really touched me

I loved it so much that I thought I'd use the same elements that Shari did, but instead of distress inks, use design papers and see what happened.



The big background paper is from Pebbles Garden Party pad.  I stamped the background from Tim Holtz Papillon and white embossed it on that paper.  That was attached to a card base of Simon's Sea Glass cardstock.  The heart die is also Simon's, Large Doily Heart, cut from a piece of tone-on-tone check paper.  After cutting, I stamped and white embossed the butterflies from the same Papillon stamp set.  My die-cut Mom uses Hero Arts Alphabet Uppercase dies, and BoBunny double dot paper.  And to finish I added some craft store paper roses and several groupings of irridescent sequins.

So, what do you think? This is definitely a brighter, busier version, but I hope that I achieved the feel that Shari evoked.   

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful Easter celebration!

6 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, Lin, this is so beautiful! I love your interpretation of Shari's page! So many wonderful details - I could stare at it forever!

adele holcomb said...

Great idea to heat emboss a stamp on patterned paper -- I never would have thought of that!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

So so pretty Lin. Love the text stamp over the pp.

joy said...

Great card, Lin! I like this version of Shari's page very much!!

Pam W Merwin said...

Absolutely beautiful, Lin! Love the softness of your colors.

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness this is totally gorgeous Lin! Lovely colours and just perfect with the white heat embossing on top!