Sunday, June 22, 2014

Keep Smiling

Just playing today, with some gorgeous papers from Simon's April Card Kit, along with the largest flower from their Partial Cut Flowers dies.  I love how the black makes these bright colors pop, and then adding the bias stripe takes it up another notch!


All papers are from a Simple Stories DIY Boutique paper pad, the sentiment from Simon's Thinking of You stamp set, and the flowers are the largest of their Partial Cut Flowers dies.  I centered them with a Doodlebug enamel dot.  

I cut the flowers from the floral panel and trimmed off the right side of it, then die-cut more of the flowers in the solid colors and hand-cut them away so I could glue them to the floral panel.  In hindsight, I could have just hand trimmed the solids and placed them over a plain floral panel, and the effect would have been the same.  I'll have to keep practicing with this set to use it to its full advantage, but in the meantime, the individual flowers are still pleasing.  

Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

8 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Lin! This is so gorgeous! I love the way the colors pop against the black...such pretty colors and papers!

joy said...

WOW! I love the use of black here, Lin! Great card.

Angela said...

Oh my Lin, your card is SO PRETTY!

Pam W Merwin said...

Love the bold colors!The flowers "pop" :-) against your background!

Lisa Elton said...

Hi Lin, back from vacation trying to play catch up! Love everything you've done this past week. Your Winnie & Walter card is so sweet, love your hello card and the butterfly with the gold banner is stunning!!

Barb said...

Oh, do I love this card, Lin! The colors, design, paper and especially the flowers! Beautifully done! :)

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Lin. The different patterns looks stunning with bold colours of the flowers.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card, I started my catch up from the top. Just put that die into my cart at SSS--great selling technique! ;)