Tuesday, July 22, 2014

SSS August Card Kit: Summer Dreams

Have you seen the Simon Says Stamp Card Kit for August?  If this isn't summer, I don't know what is!  My grandkids arrived at just about the same time as my kit, so I'm just now getting around to playing with it.  And being the ice cream addict that I am, I decided to use only the ice cream cone along with one of the sentiments and a heart from the adorable stamp set.  I also used the solid Simon cardstock in the kit, adding only my own Audrey Blue for the party hat on the center oval, and some kraft for the cones in the background.


After paper-piecing all my ice cream cones, I glued most of them to my white card base, stamped some hearts in matching colors, and then embosed the whole front in dots.  There are 2 tiny smiley faces in the stamp set, so I used one of them on my center cone.  

They've thought of everything for this set!  Do you see the 2 Distress markers?  Here might be a good place to try them out, if you haven't already......

Thanks for stopping by.  I'll see you tomorrow for a Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

12 comments:

Barb said...

Ahhhh! So adorable, Lin! I love your upside down ice cream cone/party hat image! Brilliant idea! It really is a fun kit! ♥

Sue McRae said...

Such a fun card Lin! Love the dotty texture!

Petti said...

What a fun card!

Lisa Elton said...

How cute is this! Love those ice-cream cones and they're polka dot to boot!!

debby4000 said...

Love the dotty embossing what a great idea and the upside down cone is so cute.
luv
Debby

Dawn T said...

super cute card Lin. Love the little face on your ice cream.

joy said...

Hey, girlfriend! I love this fun summer card - the party hat idea is just too clever!!

Kara said...

too cute!

Jenna ♥ said...

So sweet card Lin!!! Love, love it. I have to pin it on my pinterest board. :-) Have a great day!

stampingandstitching said...

Aw this is so cute and fun, Lin! Wonderful colours and design and I love the fun ice cream that looks like it's wearing a party hat and winking! Hope you had a wonderful time with your grandkids - I'm sure they'd love this card and agree with the sentiment too:)

Hlora said...

Wow!! Cute card!!

Rebekah Weckerly said...

What a cute and fun card!!!