Friday, August 1, 2014

Another birthday card

August is the month for birthdays in my family, and so I've been busy.  Just a quick post today to share this one for my youngest sister.


When she was still living at home, purple was her favorite color, so I used that color the most.  This stamp has been on my wishlist for over a year......I found it earlier this week at a local craft store, and was thrilled to get it.  It's called Jar Bouquet, by Stampendous, and I simply stamped it on white cardstock and colored it in with markers and a few colored pencil shadings.  My sentiment is made up of Simon's Happy Birthday die, with stamps from Hero Arts and Winnie & Walter.  

Thanks for visiting today!

10 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

It is beautiful, Lin! I know she will love it - love the stamp!

Barb said...

Lin, you stamped and colored those flowers so perfectly! They look amazing all tucked into the jar! Beautiful card!

Cindy C. said...

I love this mason jar filled with flowers!! Such a delightful card Lin!!

Deepti said...

This is so pretty, lovely stamping and coloring :)

Lisa Elton said...

Simply charming Lin!!

Diane said...

Stunning design Lin.

Hugs Diane

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful design Lin. Your coloring is so pretty, and your sentiment is the perfect blend. Lovely!!

stampingandstitching said...

Lin, I'm glad you were able to finally track down that stamp, it is a beauty! Your card is gorgeous! Love your pretty colouring and the way you've incorporated your sister's favourite colour in the sentiment as well as the rest of the card!

Greta said...

Wonderful color scheme & love the design, Lin! I know I have to get some word dies, like this neat "happy" one!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful for your sister!