Sunday, August 24, 2014

Homespun Christmas

I promise these are the last Christmas cards you'll see from me for awhile, but since I had everything out, I found this pad of Simple Stories Handmade Holiday papers and decided to make a couple more country-style cards.




This one has no stamping, no die-cuts, just the papers from the pad.  Since I wasn't doing too much that was creative, I decided to add some hand-stitching (using a We R Memory Keepers stitch piercer) in between each of the panels of paper.  And I colored some wood veneer stars with a red marker and glued them over the ornaments on the tree.  The twine is Lawn Fawn.

This next one uses just 1 of the papers - I love the bits of music, the swirls, and the snowflakes in it.  I simply added it to a cream card base and, to enter the Pretty Pink Posh die-cut blog Hop, added a Simon Merry Christmas die-cut and a Sizzix (?) snowflake die that I think is now discontinued;I think it originally came with the first Cuttlebug machines.  I borrow it every couple of years from my friend Yvonne and cut a zillion of them.  I added a Prima wood button that I also darkened with a marker, threaded with some twine.


I'm adding this last card to the Pretty Pink Posh Cutting Edge Blog Hop

cuttingedge

and both of these cards to PaperCrafts & Scrapbooking Holiday Cards & More link party.

17 comments:

Ruby Craft said...

Love your warm and cozy Christmas Cards.

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

You've used some lovely patterns!

Barb said...

Both cards are wonderful, Lin! Love the pretty patterns and stitching on the first! And your second card is so festive with the die-cut snowflake and sentiment! ♥

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty card with the die cuts! Love the snowflake and the Merry Christmas!

Anita in France said...

What a lovely folk look to your first card, Lin, with that gorgeous quilt DP and handstitching! This second one's fabulous ... love how you showcased the DP patterns ... so perfect with the dimensional snowflake and scripty sentiment! Anita :)

Sheryl said...

Wonderful country style cards, and I love your dies!

Jenny said...

I love cards on Kraft! That snowflake is to die for!

Sarah G said...

Both of these are fabulous, Lin! Very festive and folksy :) Love the handstitching and red wood veneer stars on the first and the snowflake is lovely on that pretty patterned paper!

Amy C. said...

These are great holiday cards. I especially love the music not paper you used for the snowflake.

Laila B. said...

Wow...both cards are gorgeous. Love it!!!

Sue D said...

Wonderful Christmas cards!

Dawn T said...

What gorgeous cards. Love the country feel to them both.

Pam said...

Very pretty Christmas cards! Love that snowflake.

Angela said...

Please don't stop showing your gorgeous Christmas cards! They are such an inspiration.

Wiebke Kommerell said...

I love Christmas & snowflake cards with craft paper!
Thank you for your inspirations.

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

Great cards - that second is fabulous Lin! The way you picked up on the accents in the paper to echo them with your design is perfect... the music score, the snowflakes, that rustic twine ;) Dreamy! Rx

donna mikasa said...

Love the homespun feel of your Christmas cards! I especially love the different die cuts on your second card!