Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Simon Says..........Make Your Own Background

wed-newchallenge-header

Happy Wednesday and welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

This week we're asking you to make your own background.....use stencils, splatters, gelli plates, you get the picture.  The design team are all using Gelatos this week.  And if you have them, we'd love to see you using them, too, but you don't have to in order to enter our challenge.

I had a fun play this week and made 2 cards for the challenge.  For this first one, I started with Simon's Woodgrain cardstock and used the emboss resist technique to show off my Gelatos.  



supplies: Woodgrain cardstock, Hero Arts Bold Blossoms and Made With Love sets, Watermelon and a yellow Gelato, Studio Calico wood veneer bird, painted white, pink and white sequins.  After stamping and heat embossing the sentiment and flowers in white embossing powder, I scribbled over the surface in my 2 Gelato colors, and then smoothed and blended them out with a damp paper towel.

For my 2nd card I chose some blues and a chartreuse green Gelatos, and scribbled across a panel of white cardstock, then spritzed them with water and blended them with my finger.  After my panel was dry I embossed the beautiful floral design, and then added my sentiment, a butterfly, and some clear irridescent sequins for a little sparkle.


supplies:  Poppy embossing folder, Snow Cone and Margarita Mix (from the Tropical Set) Gelatos, and other blue Gelatos (Cotton Candy and Blueberry), Wplus9's Hello die and Hand Lettered Hello sentiment, Splash ink, and the Leanna butterfly die cut from aqua foil paper, Moonshine sequins  

Now it's your turn!  As always, we have a $50.00 gift voucher to the super Simon Says Stamp Store for a random winner of our challenge!

50dollar_voucher_600px

Simon Says Stamp

24 comments:

Barb said...

Don't know which one I love more - both cards are beautiful, Lin! Gorgeous backgrounds! ♥

Kay Miller said...

What stunning cards! Your backgrounds are just beautiful and the technique sounds fun!

jenn shurkus said...

both cards are beautiful :) i especially like the teal one :) shocker i know!! great job!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) I love the 1st one with the little bird sitting on top of the 'l' ,, very cute and the embossed teal one is beautiful too,, so pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jingle said...

These are lovely! I love the heat embossed images on the textured cardstock! So neat looking!

Cindy C. said...

Both so beautiful, both wonderful BG!!!

Heather said...

Both gorgeous cards Lin, I love the colour schemes and wonderful blending. The first - such pretty flowers and cute bird. Your embossed one is beautiful, so elegant, pretty colours and a I love the foil butterfly!!

hugs
Heather xx

Teresa Kline said...

hi Lin! wow, both are gorgeous...fabulous style! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

sparkle & shine *~*

Chriss Blagrave said...

Completely gorgeous, both of them Lin! I really love the colours you achieved on the blue card, rich and super embossed texture too!

Lisa Elton said...

SO PRETTY Lin, love them both! Don't think I could pick a favorite if I tried!

debby4000 said...

Two gorgeous backgrounds but I have to admit to the second one being my favourite.
luv
Debby

Dawn T said...

Both of these are simply stunning. Love the second one with that fabulous embossing folder

Caryn said...

Stunning technique and beautiful colours. Love this week's challenge!!

Carol L said...

I love the woodgrain pattern on the first card - its so CAS and pretty! Your 2nd card just blew me away! I never knew Gelatos could produce results like that, but all I can say is WOW! Beautiful!!

Kelly Latevola said...

Lin these are gorgeous! You're going to have to give me a gelato tutorial the next we get together :)

Jo Nevill said...

I love the colours you used for your background Lin and I also love that hello die - must have !

Jo x

Stephanie said...

Oooh! Totally love these blues & greens! Super beautiful, Lin!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful cards Lin!! I especially love that 2nd one!! So pretty!!

hugs...

Becca Cruger said...

I love the wood grain on the butterflies. Very neat texture!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous cards, Lin - your blog always shows such love for card-making!

Susanne Vargas said...

You created beautiful backgrounds! Love the woodgrain on the first and the colors and embossing folder on the second!

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Such beautiful texture and depth in these Lin! It's great to catch up on what you've been creating.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Gosh, these are both so beautiful, Lin!

Deepti said...

oh my gorgeous BGs resulted into fab cards :)