Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Simon Says.......Anything Goes!

wed-newchallenge-header

Welcome to our last challenge of 2014 at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

This week's challenge will last 2 weeks, so that we can all enjoy the Holidays.....we wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  We'll see you back here in 2015!

We'll go out with your favorite challenge, Anything Goes!  The design team are using products made by Docrafts, and if you have anything from them, we'd love to see you sharing it with us, too.

I chose a pad of paper from DoCrafts called Parisienne Blue, and made 2 cards using the papers in it.


For my first card I cut a variety of the papers into strips and glued them together onto a backing to use for my background.  This technique is a nice way to show off all the patterns, and also to use up small scraps, when you have them.  I added  Memory Box Gorgeous Gardenia Outline die and a sentiment from Simon's Watt's Up? stamp set.

And next, I made a little quilt, kind of Nordic in feel, I think.  I used just 2 of the papers, and one of  Wplus9's Quilt Cuts 2 dies, and edged it with one of Paper Smooches Dots & Dashes dies.  This is a bigger card than usual for me; it measures 5 inches square:


Now it's your turn!  Simon Says Stamp will be giving away TWO $50.00 vouchers to the Simon Says Stamp store to 2 random winners this week!

50dollar_voucher_600px         50dollar_voucher_600px

Simon Says Stamp

20 comments:

adele holcomb said...

Two lovely cards (your quilting background serves you well!) and a great way to use up paper scraps. Happy holidays to you and yours, Lin!

Barb said...

Love that pretty paper, Lin! Beautiful cards! Merry Christmas to you and Denny! ♥

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Lin, you've taken my breath away with your gorgeous blue quilted cards! What a great way to use up skinny scraps, like you said. :)

Merriest Christmas to you and your loved ones! See you in 2015!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) I love the papers and quilted designs, very pretty :-)

Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards!!! Merry Christmas!!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your cozy quilted designs Lin!! Hope your Christmas was Merry and Bright!!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful cards Lin!! Just lovely!

Happy New Year!

hugs...

francesca said...

love these beautiful cards!!! :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, these are so beautiful, I love them.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Your quilt cards are gorgeous. I am sure each was pieced together with lots of love.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

debby4000 said...

What fabulous cards Lin although I love the first one, the nordic quilt card it brilliant.
luv
Debby

Miriam Prantner said...

These are wonderful! The background on the first is so cool, I just want to keep staring at it! Love the mix of patterns!

Greta said...

2 really neat looking cards, Lin! Wishing you a wonderful 2015!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

So stylish and BEAUTIFUL!!! Wishing you a very Happy New Year! Hugs, Karin

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Pretty cards, Lin! I love the patterned papers that you used :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Caryn said...

This is gorgeous Lin - great patchwork effect.

Doudou said...

Beautiful cards. Very elegant

Ruth G said...

I love the quilted feel of both cards! Wonderful way to use smaller pieces of fabric! Thanks so much for sharing!

BożenA said...

Beautiful patchwork. Great card, I love the combination of colors.
Regards,
Bozena

Daria said...

Beautiful work! I especially am drawn to the herringbone pattern. TFS.