Friday, May 1, 2015

Color Throwdown #340

Absolutely gorgeous colors this week at the Color Throwdown!  How could you NOT play?  I still had my Vintage Roses out on my desk, so that's where this card started.


supplies: Simon's Audrey Blue cardstock, Cuttlebug Cross My Heart embossing folder, Altenew's Vintage Roses, MFT Die-Namics oval doily, Jane's Doodles Mom's Flowers sentiment, Hero Arts Splash ink

This went together very quickly, as I wanted to keep the background the same blue as the inspiration.  So I just stamped and fussy-cut my flowers, glued them to my doily, added my sentiment, embossed the card front, and I was done!

10 comments:

joy said...

so pretty, Lin! I love your new blog header, too!

Becca Cruger said...

So sweet! The embossed background gives it the perfect touch of texture. And you've reminded me... I better get on making my momma a card!

Brenda said...

That time of the year and nothing says it better than flowers, which you do so well Lin! And I do love the little embossed hearts!

Jodi Collins said...

How BEAUTIFUL is this?! LOVE the embossed background, and the flowers really pop! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love that white scalloped oval with those yummy roses, Lin! So perfect with the heart embossed bg!

Tracey McNeely said...

So beautiful Lin!!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

The embossed background is so pretty!

Dawn T said...

fabulous Lin. Just love the elegance of this card.

Broni said...

Just beautiful! I love the hearts as a background to the lovely flowers!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Joan Ervin said...

Your flowers are gorgeous and I love the heart embossed background!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!