Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Simon Says..........Anything Goes!

It's time for a new challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

wed-newchallenge-header


And being the last Wednesday of the month, our theme is your favorite Anything Goes!  My teamies and I are using products made by Avery Elle this week.

supplies: Avery Elle Brushed and Simply Said Hello stamp sets, Ranger Lemon Twist, Pink Gumball, and Cheese Puff dye inks, VersaFine Onyx Black ink, various sequins

I used just the 3 inks shown above, getting these citrus shades by cross-contamination, and double-stamping of them.  I really like the clear bright colors!

I used a longer brush stroke from the Brushed set and 3 mint to aqua inks as a background for my next card.  That idea came from a card by Yainea:


supplies: Avery Elle Brushed, Petals & Stems, and Oh Happy Day stamp sets, Hero Arts Splash, Tide Pool, and Mint Julep inks for background, and Ranger Lemon Twist, Cheese Puff, and Electric Lime inks for flowers and leaves, moonshine sequins

I stamped the flowers, mixing some of the inks as I did above, then fussy cut them out and made an arrangement that was popped above the background.

Now it's your turn!  As always, we have a $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px
for the random winner of our challenge, and she can spend it for her heart's desire at our fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!!

Simon Says Stamp

Do you use Instagram?  If you do, we'd love you to add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there, too!

16 comments:

Jingle said...

These are so cute! Love that floral on the teal background! That looks awesome!

Barb said...

LOVE the colors on both cards,Lin! Beautiful stamping too! ♥

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love that sunshine card Lin ... I just may CASE it! :)

jenn shurkus said...

whoa!!! love both cards :) i love what you did with those stamp sets :) of course my fave is the teal one! :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) both of them are absolute stunners !! LOVE them and will HAVE to get that stamp set now ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Heather said...

Both fabulous cards Lin, both gorgeous colour shcemes - I love how you've used this the Avery Ella brushed!!

hugs
Heather xx

Virginia L. said...

Swoon!! Love the first CAS card! And the 2nd card has your Lin-signature all over it! FABULOUS, big sis!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lin that brushed stroke stamp might be the nicest I have seen and your fussy cutting skills are amazing, I really thought you must have used a die until I read. Well done, beautiful cards.

Stephanie said...

Hi Lin!

I'm loving the sunny palette on both cards!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Lin! such gorgeous backgrounds, luv both of these! hope you have a wonderful week!

sparkle & shine *~*

Lisa Elton said...

Love the pretty brush strokes card, fantastic sunny colors! I thought your flowers were die cut, great job!! Two pretty cards Lin!

Greta said...

I so love these cards, Lin! Thank you for the inspiration--pinning them both!

Martha said...

OH, Lin, both cards are simply beautiful!
The first one, really caught my eye on the SSS Wednesday Challenge blog.
I love the design.

Linda Kunsman said...

both are just fantastic Lin-I really love the first one!

Marybeth said...

Oh,Lin these cards and backgrounds are So pretty! Love the simplicity of the first card!

Melissa Bove said...

Absolutely fantastic cards Lin!! Wonderful designs!!

hugs...