Monday, June 29, 2015

Pink scalloped hugs

Winnie & Walter has started a new challenge series they're calling ReRun, where they focus on a featured product for the month.  This month the product is  Parentville Extras.  I don't have that stamp set, but they have given us a loophole in that we can use one of the cards featured in the challenge article and put our own spin on it.  I chose the very first card shown, called Missing You, Friend, by Julie.  I loved her use of scallopped edges and vellum, and so, using what I have here, this is my take on her card:


supplies: pink, cream, and gold foil cardstock, vellum, W&W's the Big, the Bold, and the Extras (flowers and leaves) and the Big, the Bold and Friends (stamp set and cutaway), Spellbinder's scalloped dies, gold sequins

I basically used Julie's sketch. I love pink and gold together, so that was my color scheme.  I am still thrilled with being able to write "sending hugs" anytime I want, so that was my sentiment, and I used my only set of W&W flowers.  It goes without saying that at the top of my wishlist are the new In Bloom flower sets!


w&w_rerun_logo

5 comments:

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is gorgeous, Lin. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment xxx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, how PRETTY!!

Becca Cruger said...

Soooooo elegant and pretty. Love that gold foiled sentiment die!

Barb said...

Oh, my gosh, Lin! LOVE this card! Soooo pretty! ♥

Winnie & Walter said...

What a lovely card and a wonderful take on Julie's card! Thank you so much for being part of our first Rerun challenge. :-)