Thursday, February 18, 2016

Simon's New Release: Reason to Smile!



Today is the day that Simon's newest release, Reason to Smile, is being unveiled!  I was sent a set of 2 dies, called Churches, and here is my card using one of them:


supplies: white, blue, and green cardstock, Simon Says Stamp Churches die, chipped sapphire, blueprint sketch, and blue jeans distress inks, VersaMark ink and silver super fine detail embossing powder

The night sky is a blend of 3 distress inks.  I'm not sure that a winter scene was what the designer of this die had in mind, but its simple design reminded me of the first performance of the beloved carol Silent Night in Austria on Christmas Eve, 1818.  I pulled in supplies from my own collection to complete this little scene of a church in the woods,

I can't wait to see what others are doing with this!  Be sure to visit Simon Says Stamp store today to see all the other new things being released!

9 comments:

Karen B. said...

So serene.

Clare said...

This is so pretty Lin! The scene is just lovely, and I didn't know that about the first performance being in Austria!

Barb said...

What a wonderful idea to use that die for a winter/Christmas card, Lin! It turned out gorgeous!

Virginia L. said...

Love this scene! So serene and beautiful! AWESOME job, Lin!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Lin! That is one cute little church and I love the scene you've created
hugs
Mandy xx

Arlene said...

Classy.

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfectly peaceful Lin! Those trees are so pretty with the church!

kiwimeskreations said...

Lin this is stunning - love the simple but elegant design.
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is so lovely, Lin. wonderful sky.