Thursday, February 11, 2016

Spring Blessings

First I want to give a warm welcome to my newest follower, Rina!  During this time of Blogger's ruthless cutting away of our followers, it is wonderful to see a new face!  Thank you, Rina!

Here's a card I made as part of the 30 Day Coloring Challenge that Kathy is running all this month, and it also works for the current challenge at Power Poppy, to use a medium we don't often use.  We recently had a day here in NE Ohio with temps in the 60's!  That is unheard of for this time of year!  Maybe Punxatawney Phil will be right this year!!  I celebrated by pulling out this old 1995 stamp from PSX and coloring it with colored pencils, which I haven't used in a long time:


supplies: white cardstock, dps from BoBunny Soft Shades Double Dots pad, PSX untitled stamp, Spectrum Noir colored pencils and tumbled glass distress ink for background, Simon Christmas Blessings die, Spellbinder's Labels Eighteen die

Because this image is so large, I previewed several die-cut sentiments for it.  I chose this one because it is relatively delicate and doesn't cover up my work!

IMG_0795


12 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful spring card!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your card...beautiful colors and coloring. This is one of my favorite PSX stamps.

Barb said...

Beautiful work with your pencils, Lin! ♥

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous coloring with the pencils Lin, the stamp is gorgeous and your design showcases it beautifully.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This image definitely does have me thinking about spring! Very pretty coloring.

Julie Koerber said...

What a beautiful image with a fabulous and fun color scheme! It just screams spring! So glad you joined us gals over at Power Poppy this month!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow is this ever PRETTY!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a striking image and so beautifully coloured Lin, and I love the harliquin arrangement of the background papers
Blessings
Maxine

stampingandstitching said...

Lucky you, Lin, it seems ages since we've experience 60 degrees here! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful colouring and soft inking on the image and I love the mix of pretty pps on the background!

ChristineCreations said...

Your coloured pencil work is SO lovely Lin. Totally a touch of spring! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

Leslie Miller said...

An image like this never grows old, does it? It's fabulous and your pencil coloring is pretty amazing, too. I'm trying to get better with the pencils. It does take time. This is truly stunning, Lin. Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Lin, this is such an classic and beautiful image by PSX (I love so many of them!), and what beautiful coloring and wonderful sponging too. I love the color block layout with the polka dot paper, and how perfect to add the word die "blessings" across. Beautifully done, sweet friend! Warm hugs!