Saturday, April 16, 2016

Hello Hollyhocks

Just sharing another watercolored flower die.  These were actually colored with pinks, but they're showing up as more peachy on my monitor.....whatever, I'm still having fun with them!


supplies: white, black, and Green Apple cardstock, watercolor paper, Impression Obsession Hollyhock dies, Spectrum Aqua markers, water, Hero Arts Hello Stamp & Cut, Tim Holtz Bricked embossing folder, Martha Stewart butterfly punch

If you missed my first watercolor use of this die earlier this week, you can see it here.

And Virginia's View is having a Link-Up Party, so I'm linking this card there.  She's asking for any kind of friendship card: hello, miss you, etc.

15 comments:

adele holcomb said...

So lovely! The hollyhocks take me back to my childhood in Chicago, and they are so pretty against the brick background.

CinnamonSally said...

This is so pretty Lin , I love hollyhocks.

Lucille K said...

Such pretty hollyhocks, Lin. Think i'll pull my hollyhock stamp out, thanks for the inspiration :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the white brick wall with the hollyhock over it, Lin - so pretty with the black hello die!!

Virginia L. said...

Wow...I just love this, Lin! So gorgeous! You make me want to get this Hollyhock die...So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Friendship” Challenge!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Another fan of Hollyhocks!

Barbara said...

I have this die and I can see that I need to use it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Dawn T said...

Simply gorgeous Lin. the colours look beautifully pink to me...

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, do love the hollyhocks.
Luv
Debby

jintyoo7 said...

So pretty, the coloring is lovely (peachy or otherwise) and how perfect the flowers look against the brick background!

CherylQuilts said...

Lin, this is beautiful, and I LOVE these hollyhocks and how you've watercolored them - exquisite against the white brick embossing! Stunning card, sweet friend! Hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

Pink or peach, they look GREAT to me!! Very pretty Lin!

Cat Craig said...

pretty.

Megan said...

Whatever color they are, I think they're beautiful!

Helen F. said...

Lin, your watercolored Hollyhocks are beautiful! Great brick background too :-)