Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Simon Says..........Father's Day/For a Guy

wed-newchallenge-header

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog!


This week we're honoring special men in our lives - you can make a Father's Day card or just a card for a guy for any occasion.  The design team are using Tim Holtz products.

We lost my Dad last September, so this challenge was pretty meaningful for me.  Dad lived to be 95 years old, and he was a real character!  He always made me smile, and showed his love for all of us whenever he could.  He was a man of faith and was more than ready to "go Home", as he termed it, and I know he's in a better place.  So many things remind me of him, and I miss him every day.  I got my love for nature from him, so I thought it was appropriate to use one of Tim Holtz Wildflower dies on my card this week:


supplies: Hero Arts Earth designer paper as card base, a panel of Menagerie paper, a Wildflower die, cork adhesive-backed panel from a Textured Surfaces pack, "love you" sticker from Small Talk stickers pad, tiles from Alpha Tiles

Hero Arts Designer Designer Papers are unique in that each 8 1/2 X 11 piece is printed on one side, and white on the reverse, so they make great card bases! 


Using an adhesive-backed product really made it easy to work with this delicate die, and I love the feel and look of the cork!


Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  We have another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px


to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!


Simon Says Stamp

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful masculine card!

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, Lin, really elegant and stylish, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

What a fabulous silhouette and perfect design.

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful masculine card Lin!!

Dawn T said...

fabulous card Lin. I find it hard to do Masculine cards. This one is just perfect.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Lin.
Blessings
Maxine

Caryn said...

Such an elegant card, the soft colours are so pretty.

Unknown said...

It's a very beautiful masculine card Lin ! The wild flower in cork adhesive paper is just stunning !
Thanks so much for sharing. Izzy Scrap

Mandy said...

Apologies for being so late visiting this time Lin!
Your card is wonderful, it's so elegant and the tiles are so cute.! It's not often I would call a masculine card gorgeous but this one sure is :)
hugs
Mandy xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the look of the cork, Lin! Great masculine card!