Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Simon Says.........It's Hip to be Square!

wed-newchallenge-header

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog!


Welcome to another challenge!  This week we have a fun theme for you, called "It's Hip to be Square"!  My teamies and I are using Simon Says Stamp exclusive products, and we'd love to see you using yours, too!  I used this theme as an excuse to get myself a couple of Simon products that I've had on my wishlist for awhile.  And, as it turns out, both of my cards use a favorite element, the scribble flower, as a main ingredient.

First up, I made a square card, and my square element is the gingham stencil pattern.


supplies: white, 2 shades of pool, and 2 shades of green cardstock, Simon Gingham stencil, twisted citron distress ink, Simon's Single Roses and Painted Hugs dies, DieNamics Stitched Mini Scallop Square die, Scrapbook Adhesives foam squares

I have been eternally in love with all things gingham, so I was thrilled to be able to get this stencil for my stash!

Next is a card using square tiles as my required element; they're another item from my wishlist - I love the idea that now I can make whatever sentiment I want on my cards!


supplies: white, green, and Penny Black Purple Mountain cardstock, dp from MFT Tranquil Textures paper pad, Simon's Heart of Roses die and Game Tile Letters stamp set, Scrapbook Adhesives foam squares

I really like the addition of the blue background to the purples and greens!

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

Simon Says Stamp

11 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin, both of them are stunners! I love the first one, the flowers are so pretty and I love the colours and the tiles on the 2nd one, absolutely fabulous! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful cards, Lin! Jo x

Stephanie said...

Two fantastic cards, Lin! I love the paper piecing you did to achieve both! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Deepti said...

These are so beautiful 😊

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love both cards, Lin, but especially love the green gingham in the scalloped square and the Scrabble tiles!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty cards Lin!! I love the gingham stenciling on the first one!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lin these are wonderful cards - love the colour ways you have used in the second card.
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Lovely cards. Square cards are fun.

Unknown said...

WOW, very stunning cards Lin ! They are both of them fabulous, I love the colors combos you chose for each of them. I will try to play along too ! Izzy Scrap

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards! I love your 2-toned die-cut flowers!

Greta said...

Came from Flickr for another look--so love this card, Lin!