Friday, September 9, 2016

Warmest Blessings

The ReRun challenge at Winnie & Walter this month is using their Renee's Leaves set, and I was wowed by all of the samples presented to us!  I'll be making multiple entries for this one, but for my first, I was influenced by Heather's card.  I'm a paper-aholic, so I was delighted to see her card that incorporated a pattern paper as a main ingredient!


supplies: white and shimmery copper cardstock, vellum, pattern paper from Jen Hadfield's Warm & Cozy 6" pad, Winnie & Walter The Big, the Bold and the Blessings clear stamp set, copper embossing powder, Paper Smooches Dots & Dashes dot die to make stitching holes, gold thread, DieNamics Blueprints 20 and Simon Stitched Rectangles dies, sequins

Heather started with a new piece of pattern paper, and that's where I started also.  She used a bigger piece of vellum than I did, but I felt that covering up this design took away from the vibrant colors, so my vellum panel was added to the bottom third of my card.  I stamped and copper-embossed the sentiments, and then was faced with how to attach it.  After some thought I decided to stitch it on, but I was too lazy to get out my sewing machine, so I used a die to make stitching holes across the top and bottom and, using some gold thread, I hand-stitched it to my paper, adding a bow in the center of the top stitching.  I liked the look of the copper so well, that I went hunting in my stash for some copper cardstock, and ended up trimming it into a little scalloped frame which I overlaid over the card front.  To finish I just added some more sparkle with a scattering of sequins.  

I'll be back again soon!

w&w_rerun_logo

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Lin - love the wee gold accent with the stitching and bow.
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Lin. This one is very autumnal.

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful card Lin, the colours are stunning (Love the copper EP - I did get some and will definitely get it out to use now) - thank you :-)

Cat Craig said...

love the gold touches on this card, they go so well with the fall colors.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Lin, this is gorgeous, and I love the leaves on the beautiful DP. And the gold sentiment on the vellum is stunning! I love it!! Hugs, sweet friend!

Winnie & Walter said...

Beautiful card, Lin and wonderful take on Heather's card! Thank you so much for joining in on our Rerun Challenge.