Sunday, December 11, 2016

A cool quilt card

Earlier this week I shared a quilt card as part of my DT work for the Simon Wednesday challenge.  We get our assignments weeks in advance, and when I saw that our theme was "Icy", I jumped the gun and made this little quilt card, using adorable papers from a Doodlebug winter paper pad from last year.  I just "knew" that we would have cool blues and silvers as our colors for that challenge.  WRONG!  But since I had already made this and thought the purple/aqua combination was so unique, I'm sharing it today.  Any day I get to play with anything involving a quilt, I'm a happy lady!


supplies: white, Audrey Blue, and Iris cardstock, Doodlebug Polar Pals papers, MFT Quilt Square cover-up die, Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflake die, retired Hero Arts sentiment (from Made with Love), Wicker Weave embossing folder, Scallop border made using Blueprints 20 scallop rectangle die

I would never have thought to put these colors together - thank goodness Doodlebug did!  Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Lin your quilt cards are fabulous. I love the little extra's on this one. The bit of scallop peeking out from the edges, the snowflake topper and the embossing.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, what a pretty quilt! I like the snowflake in the center too!

CinnamonSally said...

Such pretty colours Lin, I love your cute quilt card.

McStamper said...

Your card is fantastic. Love the colors.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the snowflake in the middle of the quilt, Lin, and those colors are perfect!!

kiwimeskreations said...

I love purple and aqua (and pink) together Lin, and I think this is absolutely gorgeous!
Blessings
Maxine

CherylQuilts said...

Well, Lin, you KNOW I love quilts, and this one is gorgeous with these colors! Beautifully done and one I shall CASE, for sure! Merry Christmas Eve! xoxo