Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Guest Designing at CAS-ology!

I'm playing along today in this week's CASology challenge. This challenge is always a head-scratcher for me, and this week's cue was no different, but in the end, I went with:


supplies: white and pink gingham cardstock, an old Simon stamp set called Savor Sweet Cupcakes, Zig markers to color, Quickie glue pen and Hero Arts prisma glitter for icing, glossy accents for cherry, My Favorite Things Stitched Square Scallop die, Winnie & Walter sentiment, die-cut flowers

I think icing is the best part of a cupcake; the cake is there just to transport as much icing as possible!  This is the best cupcake image I could find that had LOTS of icing, and I glitzed mine up to underline the theme for this week's challenge; after coloring the cake and icing, I used a quickie glue pen to cover the icing, and then dipped it into some glitter.  Here's a closer view:


A little birdie told me that it's also Kymona's birthday, so this card does double duty for that, too.  Many thanks to the CASology team for having me this week!

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I think it's perfect Lin!! Love your yummy pair of cupcakes with the sparkly frosting!

Melissa said...

I am going to be sooo hungry for cupcakes this week... ;)
These are so pretty and I love the sparkle!
So happy you could guest design with us over at CASology this week, Lin! :)

Cindy C. said...

Congrats on your Guest Designer post Lin. Your cup cakes look so scrumptious, they are perfect for the challenge. Thanks for the inspiration.

Joyce said...

Your card is adorable. Love those yummy looking cupcakes. Thanks so much for being our guest designer this week at CASology.

Cat Craig said...

Congrats on the GD Lin, and those cupcakes look good enough to eat! So sweet.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling pair of cupcakes, Lin - just love all the shimmer on your icing!!

snappy scrappy said...

So sweet!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cupcake card Lin - love the glittery icing.
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Dunbrook said...

so cute and so fun...love the sparkle you added, makes for the great look of sprinkles.
xx Karen

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Super job with the prompt! I love the sparkles!

Are those trillium from your yard in your banner photo? They are a favorite flower of mine.

Aileen said...

Wonderful little cupcakes, love the design and all that sparkle. Perfect