Saturday, May 6, 2017

Blue Roses

I couldn't wait to receive this Stitched Roses stamp set!  For many years I did cross-stitch, and thorougly enjoyed how you could achieve such lovely shading.

It's been a dreary couple of days here, so I am feeling a bit blue, and decided to use that color for my first card using this set.  To my knowledge, they haven't achieved blue roses in nature yet, so these will have to do until then.


supplies: white and blue cardstock, Waffle Flower Stitched Roses, Altenew mini inks, DieNamics Stitched Mini Scallop Square die, Hero Arts light blue pearls, mini Misti

I practiced a bit before proceeding, and I'm still having trouble getting the layers lined up - I think this set is a bit too complicated for these old eyes!  If you have this set, I'd love to know any hints you might have for me.  I did use my Misti, but that little flower isn't perfect........I'll keep practicing!

Hope your weekend is sunnier than ours!  

11 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I think this is so pretty in blue. I have had my eye on these cross stitch sets, they are so pretty.

R. Dodge said...

That does look tricky to line up properly. But the card is lovely!

Lisa Elton said...

This is charming Lin! I like the warm cozy homespun feel it has!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Lin, love this look. Never been able to do embroidery too messy thats me. Very temped to get this stamp set as it really is so sft and feminine.
Perfect card and I hope you are feeling less blue.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - love this, Lin! I think you did a great job lining up the rows - looks tricky!

Dawn T said...

So very pretty Lin. I think you did a great job on lining up the stamps

Unknown said...

Beautiful! You did a great job lining the flower up. I have this set and I don't think I'll ever be able to get it right.

Maureen Chandler said...

Your card is lovely - looks wonderful to me!! I used to do a lot of counted cross stitch as well - then I discovered rubber stamping......

RedGem said...

I would not have known that you had a problem with this card as it looks great. I have the set and I took Jennifer McGuire hint. I stamped the flower pieces separately on a piece of vellum then sprinkled embossing clear powder and heat set. I stamped the first piece (starting with the darkest) on the cardstock and then positioned the second piece on top of the stamped image then with the misti positioned the stamp on the vellum and stamped the second image. Please look at Jennifer's post on this for a video.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is so pretty, and your blooms look perfect to me.
xxx

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful Lin. I think you did a fabulous job.