Thursday, October 26, 2017

And now, something a little different.......

 My friend Mary Anne found a picture of some wrapping paper: various Christmas words against a plank background, and shared it with me for inspiration.  I decided to see how I could translate that into a card.  I ended up with 2 of them!


supplies: red, green, and white cardstock, plank background and red plaid patterned paper, Winnie & Walter In a Word: Home cutaway, Tim Holtz  Mini Holiday Greens die, various snowflake dies, sentiment pieced from various Christmas stamps, Hero Arts metallic dots

I first die-cut the pine sprigs and word and inlaid them on my plank background, then stamped the rest of my sentiment and overlaid the snowflakes.   To get some more red into the design, I added metallic dots to the snowflake centers.

This next one is pretty similar, but I just glued on all of the die-cuts. (Lining up solid dies onto the background so that they were straight proved to be too much for me.)


supplies: red and green cardstock, various patterned Christmas papers, another woodgrain background, Wplus9 Seasonal Sentiments dies, Paper Smooches Holly dies, Taylored Expressions Winter Flurry embossing folder, Lawn Fawn twine

Embossing the whole thing wasn't in the original plan, but I like the little bit of extra dimension it adds.  What do you think?

Thanks for visiting today!

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Both cards are fabulous Lin, and I do like the embossed panel, it really adds to the card without 'killing' the words. It also gives the impression the words are inlaid in that card too :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

what fabulous inlaid die cutting Lin. Both cards are just stunning.

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Both of these cards are beautiful; they have a woodsy / cottage feel to them. I really really like the first card with the wood background. I never think to do inlay work but now I need to try to remember because it gives a nice look to the card. I always get so much inspiration from you, Lin. Thanks for sharing these!

HJ said...

Love both of these beautiful cards, Lin. The homey feeling is so Christmas-y with the inlaid words and snowflakes/holly. Very pretty. Have a great day!

nancy dempsey said...

So beautiful. I especially love the first card.
Love your style!

Unknown said...

Loved you translation of the wrapping paper into cards, especially the one with the soft embossed snowflakes, one of my favorite techniques.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful inlays Lin.