Friday, December 8, 2017

Five for Friday

It's time for another of Tammy's Five for Friday posts, and I have 2 cards for you today.

My first card reflects the coziness of the season.


supplies: white, pink, and Core'dinations aqua card stock, pink and aqua Amuse petite polka dot and aqua Penny Black gingham papers, Tammy's Mittens cling stamp, Taylored Expressions Winter Flurry embossing folder, Tim Holtz Holiday Knit stencil and picked raspberry distress oxide ink, retired sentiment from Hero Arts Holiday Sayings, tiny pink buttons

I stamped the mittens on some petite polka dot and gingham papers, cut them out, and pieced in the hearts and cuffs, adding a button on each.   I stenciled the sweater pattern, trimmed and framed it, and embossed and sanded the snowflakes and trimmed that.  Then I just layered everything up.

My next card is for Christmas.


supplies: ivory, gold, and green cardstock, tiny red check patterned paper from Authentique, Tammy's Be Merry cling stamp, Zig markers to color and a clear Wink of Stella brush to add a bit of sparkle on the red letters, Tim Holtz Mini Holiday Greens pine die, Lawn Fawn twine

I stamped  the design on both gold cardstock and the patterned background paper, then added the colored details on the gold one, cut it out, and glued it over the patterned one.  I added some greenery and a bow to make it look like it's hanging from a tree.

I hope you'll visit Tammy's Blog to see what my talented sisters have done this time!  They always blow me away!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, Lin. I love the little details of the patterned paper for the mittens and the sprig of evergreen on the second card. So pretty!

Cathie ♥

Lisa Elton said...

Your mitten card is cute and cozy Lin! The second is a charming traditional card. Love them both!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Your stenciling is so perfect, I thought it was dsp until I read your post. Love the combination of colors on both cards. Such adorable mittens on that dotted paper and the layout is wonderful. Beautiful cards!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards. Love the pink and teal one. It is so pretty

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Lin, I totally thought that the pink panel was designer paper. Everything you do is absolute perfection. Both of these cards are amazing in both composition and design. I am such a fan of your gorgeous work.