Monday, February 26, 2018

Showers & Flowers

Here are 2 more cards, this time using the March Card Kit stamp set called Showers & Flowers.  Both of these were first stamped on watercolor paper, then colored with my Zig markers and water.


supplies: watercolor paper, Surf Blue and black card, Showers & Flowers image and sentiment, Thanks die, MFT Stitched Mini Scallop Square die, Zig markers and water

This wasn't colored as I planned.  I first colored all the flowers and leaves, and when I started to do the boots, I mistook the one laying down as a clay pot on its side, and started coloring it with a clay color.  THEN I realized it was the top of a boot, but by then I was committed, so the wellies are a very unusual color!

Next up is a card using a 2nd image from the same stamp set:


supplies: watercolor paper, Sunshine, Bright Yellow, and black card, Showers & Flowers image and sentiment, Stitched Rectangle die, Doodlebug heart sprinkle, Zig markers and water

Again I stamped the darling image on watercolor paper, colored it with Zig markers and water, trimmed it out with a stitched rectangle, then stamped the sentiment from the same set.  Then the panel was framed up with card that pulls the colors I used.

The images in this set are the perfect size to allow for adding sentiments or trimming into a smaller card, and the sentiments are fun too!

Hope your week is off to a great start!  

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two darling cards, Lin! Love the story about the wellies being colored like a clay pot - LOL. Just love the soft blues on the thanks card & bright yellows on the chick card!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty pair of spring cards! That little duck is so sweet!

Arlene said...

How cute. I love them both. It rained here all night long into early morning and it's supposed to rain off and on all day. The images are perfect to brighten up my day. It's certainly time for galoshes. I love the sunshiny glow of the little chick.

debby4000 said...

Oh I love both your cards, the wellies look fine to me. Can't wait to play with the stamps.
luv
Debby

Cat Craig said...

Lin, both cards have such darling images--your coloring and design show them off delightfully.

Greta said...

2 wonderful cards, Lin! I actually like the clay pot colored boots & the ducky card is so cute!